Rate The Last Film You Watched

Beastie Boys Story........a live retrospective documentary type thing. Thoroughly enjoyed learning about these three friends. Not a massive rap fan, but have always been intrigued by the band, their image and music. Learnt so much watching this film. Really quite moving when it progresses to Adam Yauch's death. :(

Funny. I enjoyed.

81K3ck7tNrL._SL1500_.jpg

This could be one of my favourite sports documentary films. I'm not into ultra marathons, but this is an excellent overview of what has got to be one of the hardest / mad ultra races. "The Barkley Marathons: The race that eats its young"

The race organiser Lazarus Lake is such a character. Loved him from the get go. If you like stories about determination and achieving goals - this is a good watch. What people do to their bodies, is beyond me!

Carry On Screaming (1966)

This was the Carry On team's homage to Hammer Horror. It is also one of my all-time favourites of the series. I love everything about the film, the entire cast are superb and well-cast, including the lovely Angela Douglas again. Harry H. Corbett was reportedly cast in the lead role after Sid James became ill. Kenneth Williams is especially good in this one too. I loved watching it again yesterday, and it's as funny as ever. I give it a solid 10/10.

Reactions: PHR
Don't Lose Your Head (1967)

Despite the title, this is a Carry On film. It's set during the time of The French Revolution and is a parody of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I watched it again last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not one of the most well-known Carry On films, but most of the regular cast are in it and it is very entertaining. The ending with the swordfight at the chateau did go on a bit, though, but that's just my opinion. I give it a score of 9/10.

Follow That Camel (1967)

As with my previous post, this is another Carry On film. It is a parody of Beau Geste and The Foreign Legion. Most of the regular cast are here, along with the only appearance in the series by Phil Silvers (Bilko), who I just find incredibly irritating. Thank God that it was his only Carry On film. At least I had the lovely Angela Douglas to look at again and the delectable Anita Harris also pops up in a very small cameo. I watched the film again last night and found it very enjoyable. I give it 9/10.

Carry On Doctor (1967)

This is my favourite of the "hospital" Carry On films. It featured the first of Frankie Howerd's two appearances in the series, and he plays the lead role in this film. Most of the regulars are here, though reportedly Sid James was ill during filming, so he had to spend most of his scenes in bed (for real). The film also features the lovely Anita Harris in quite a large role, but also Barbara Windsor, who I always thought was vastly over-rated. Thankfully, we don't see as much of her tits in this film as we do in later films that she appeared in. I never found her particularly "sexy", regardless of how big her tits may or may not have been. Despite that, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the film again last night. I give it a solid 10/10.

Back
Top Bottom