Rango

Very pleased to see this on Sky family tonight (8.00pm)...Sergio Leone meets Walt Disney but on mescaline and not a merchandised lunch box in sight. Excellent stuff.

antdad said:
Very pleased to see this on Sky family tonight (8.00pm)...Sergio Leone meets Walt Disney but on mescaline and not a merchandised lunch box in sight. Excellent stuff.

Enjoyed this as well, Despicable me is still edges it though and am looking forward to the new Ice Age as well.

Strange that of late the best films ive watched have been of this type.

antdad said:

Well Tony, you surprised me,

Now I've heard more than once that as Jerry Lewis is to France, Tim Conway is to Limeys. I guess that must be true after all.

Yeah, that Western TV show he starred in back in the 60s was really far out and was a perfect vehicle for his subtle brand of humor. Now that I think of it, I can see why you guys like Mr Conway so much.....very similar understated dry wit like Sir Benny had.

Funny, I never thought of you as a Tim Conway fan till now.

http://www.tvacres.com/west_rango.htm

Rango was tremendous, in fact I saw it twice at the cinema, and Despicable Me is properly funny. I'd watch the fifteen minutes of squirrel from the new Ice Age, but I'm not remotely interested in the rest of it.

An hour of all the Scrat parts from the four movies would be a good watch.

Dr Rick said:
Rango was tremendous, in fact I saw it twice at the cinema, and Despicable Me is properly funny. I'd watch the fifteen minutes of squirrel from the new Ice Age, but I'm not remotely interested in the rest of it.

An hour of all the Scrat parts from the four movies would be a good watch.

Can honestly say that i giggle from the first minute to the last, infact even the kids sit their tutting at me.:icon_razz:

dodgy said:
antdad said:

Well Tony, you surprised me,

Now I've heard more than once that as Jerry Lewis is to France, Tim Conway is to Limeys. I guess that must be true after all.

Yeah, that Western TV show he starred in back in the 60s was really far out and was a perfect vehicle for his subtle brand of humor. Now that I think of it, I can see why you guys like Mr Conway so much.....very similar understated dry wit like Sir Benny had.

Funny, I never thought of you as a Tim Conway fan till now.

http://www.tvacres.com/west_rango.htm

Yeah I'm just full of surprises, thanks for that Martin, nice to get a bit of background on one of the characters.

Back
Top Bottom