Rack for storing razors

I am looking for suggestions for a rack, which we can use to store our several razors - ideally something which I can mount on the side of a wooden bathroom cabinet, out of reach of the kid's inquisitive fingers.

Not bothered about what it's made of as long as it can be fixed to the cabinet or the wall. Able to hold up to 4 razors (DE or (dare I say this word here?) cartridge).

Cheers,

Gingerpose

Was just going to ask a similar question.

Basically you spend all this money on some great razors, how do people store them? stick them in a draw and keep one out and forget the others or keep a selection out in the bathroom on display showing them off?

How do people display/show/store there razors?

If you use a rack, where did you get it? have you got a picture? I'm already kinda hooked and want to have my 'purchases' on display so I can grab the one that feels right for the day

(sorry for jumping in on your topic)

on display for me, but then i don't have inquisitive little fingers to worry about, just a big inqusitive Girlfriend that thinks i'm a d**k head for spending so much, on "saving money going back to DE Shaving !!"

d32f909d.jpg

Love it, my girls aren't a problem, they know if they touch i'll cut there fingers off ;)

my wife saw the picture, she turned to me with a disapproving look and said "DON'T even think about it" and walked out to the kitchen :D

I do have a couple of glass shelves shes been asking me since we moved in 3 years ago to put up, might do that next week whilst shes at college, and "claim" them before she gets home :twisted:

sunburyboy93 said:
Ids said:
Theres so much I like about that pic....

part of my OCD, i didn't like all my aftershaves having different bottles, so i rebottled them ................. :oops: :oops: :oops:
sad and stupid.................but hey....thats me :oops: :oops:

And there was me thinking you were the Prof's biggest customer! :lol:

Amazing photo! I think I've managed to identify a few of the brushes there, but those ones to the right look interesting. Any chance of naming the brushes on display, from left to right......?

factormax said:
Amazing photo! I think I've managed to identify a few of the brushes there, but those ones to the right look interesting. Any chance of naming the brushes on display, from left to right......?

The first Butterscotch is a Restore that Beejay did for me, brush from the 1940's
The second Butterscotch is a "Frank" Special (will be selling that soon as i have two more of Beejays Brushes on the way)
The third is a Henk Keyhole Brush
The fourth is a Beejay Custom in Cherry Wood (the tree was Felled over 25 years ago so with the age of the tree god knows how old it is)
The fith is a Newforest 2212 in Tambootie Wood

when does it ever end :oops: :oops: :oops: ;) :D

And that's a parade of New Forest brushes, 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the left?

Having seen your set-up (and I suspect that what we see there does not represent your entire collection?) I'm starting to feel less guilty about my own ADs!

That's the bit that he allows his missus to see - very worrying…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w[/youtube]

Lipsy

factormax said:
And that's a parade of New Forest brushes, 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the left?

Having seen your set-up (and I suspect that what we see there does not represent your entire collection?) I'm starting to feel less guilty about my own ADs!

Yeah i have other New Forests, Tigris Perla, High Mountain Badger etc etc, i have my other collector razors, (boxed Mint) tucked away as invetstment........

yeah don't feel bad, especially about brushes..............look at peters collection, :shock: :eek:...........we are all doomed....no hope for us !! :lol: :lol:

It's a little know fact that Saddam Hussein owned a large collection of razors.

Yes folks, he stored them in Iraq!

:lol:

:?

Well, I thought it was funny. :roll:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7476</a><!-- l -->

Cheers Tim
Wow saddam had a razor collection....
Wonder where he kept them

Pig Cat said:
It's a little know fact that Saddam Hussein owned a large collection of razors.

Yes folks, he stored them in Iraq!

:lol:

:?

Well, I thought it was funny. :roll:

wow, that registered 45 on the old Boo-ometer!

Back
Top Bottom