R.I.P Jocky Wilson.

Hiya,

Man, that guy was quite a character. Sad to say I'd never heard of Jockey Wilson till today and I just looked at a bunch of articles on him. Heh, a very 'colorful' figure who musta been a big help making darts into a spectator sport worth watching on TV.

Makes me think about getting my old spears out and chucking a few while having a cocktail or two. Yeah, I was telling myself just the other day that I gotta start drinking more....

Dave, thanks for the post,

Martin

Actually I can't hear Jocky Wilson's name without remembering the Top of The Pops cock up where they put his picture on stage while Dexy's Mid Night Runners sand Jackie Wilson Said

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6goaOrEvQ[/video]

When I watched Jocky play darts, I always wondered how he managed to be so accurate. He always seemed to jump as he threw each dart.

Still, as you say, a proper character.

Phil Taylor, on the other hand............

I'm even a fellow Stokey, and although he's a great dart player, I think he's actually quite dull.

I'm just waiting for the referee to say "Phil, you require a personalityyyy."

RIP Jocky.

Ian

R.I.P Jocky

A gentleman (a there aren't enough about) who lived just a few miles from me. Didn't get enough support in my opinion. The guy was a world champion and often all people could talk about was his weight.

Back
Top Bottom