Question about cold water shave

Afternoon, quick question about cold water shave. Never done it but might give it a go. Do you use warm water with the brush so soap is going on warmish? Also, I assume a sharp new blade is better?
Thanks for the replies...
Stef

Johnus said:

That's right Johnus,

The idea of pressing a cold towel on my face and using cold water for whatever else during the shave (including a cold water brush soak for God's sake!), is so foreign to me. I mean jeeez, how can I relax and think about petting bunnies with that freezing towel intruding on my pleasant daydreams. I shudder when I think of trying that.

I'm with you buddy.....no water at all. Yep, a nice and comfortable 4 pass no drama dry shave with my trusty Old Type loaded with a Derby blade having 7 shaves on it already. Hell with using that sissy wet stuff.

Martin

Oh, it hit 5 yesterday as high temp. I know, definitely sweater weather.

jds said:
Everything cold for me. Apart from shower. Brush soaked in cold water, face splashed with cold water and sink full of cold water during shave. Works for me
+1 hairs plump and soft, cold water to reduce any irritation lovely jubbly. Incidentally this is just for DE use.

Finally got round to doing this tonight. Fantastic! Just felt great after, the one thing I am more aware of though is the blade sharpness. Used a 1912 SE with a blade with three uses and it pulled a little on the thicker stuff around the chin. Absolutely no razor burn or rash though. Will be doing that again!

Back
Top Bottom