Prorasso Green: is this ok for a newbie?

Hello guys I am spending my first day of a holiday in Italy (yes I know) and I can see this stuff for sale in the supermarkets dirt cheap, like £1.50 for a tub. I used it on my first shave in the UK (having paid £6 for a bowl) but have since found it has artificial stuff like Sodium laureth Sulphate in it. Is it worth stocking up or should i try an artisan soap like Nanny's which seems very reasonably priced?

Hello guys I am spending my first day of a holiday in Italy (yes I know) and I can see this stuff for sale in the supermarkets dirt cheap, like £1.50 for a tub. I used it on my first shave in the UK (having paid £6 for a bowl) but have since found it has artificial stuff like Sodium laureth Sulphate in it. Is it worth stocking up or should i try an artisan soap like Nanny's which seems very reasonably priced?

Are you sure about that?

The reformulated (years back) does not list it:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Cocos nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Menthol, Camphor, Eucalyptol, Eucalyptus globulus Leaf Oil, Pentaerythriytyl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Metasilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydorixyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyrdoxymethylglycinate, Geraniol, Parfum

It's totaly up to you, but if you think the artisan soap is at a price you are willing to pay then support our artisan soap makers, but it's down to you, I know what I would buy all day every day!

Hi I will do that. I have bought some of Nanny's Lavender Olive oil soap on sale after browsing here (hope i made a good choice as she has continued that). I have looked as OSP but his soap is a little pricey. I will buy some of his when I have a few more quid handy. Any other British Artisan soap makers you can recommend? I know there are lots on etsy and Italianbarber from looking but given how weak the pound is at the moment I am not going to order stuff from the US. The Prorasso has been good to me on my first DE shave though and so for under a few quid a tub I am going to buy a few here as a backup.

Hi I will do that. I have bought some of Nanny's Lavender Olive oil soap on sale after browsing here (hope i made a good choice as she has continued that). I have looked as OSP but his soap is a little pricey. I will buy some of his when I have a few more quid handy. Any other British Artisan soap makers you can recommend? I know there are lots on etsy and Italianbarber from looking but given how weak the pound is at the moment I am not going to order stuff from the US. The Prorasso has been good to me on my first DE shave though and so for under a few quid a tub I am going to buy a few here as a backup.
OSP and P&B are my soaps of choice, but don't let me sway you, I'm sure you will find what suits you.

I highly rate Wickham soap too. The 1912 range is great stuff.

Ohhh ok thanks I googled them and got prices quotes in euros and dollars (but not sterling( so thought they were American.A bit naughty pricing in Euros given the strength of them at the mo. I am going to try Nannys first then the others. I have been chatting to Sharon via email as both got legal background. If her soap is as nice as she is I am on to a winner!

Back
Top Bottom