Proraso

I use the green proraso pre/post shave for every shave I use as I love the qualities it provides (cooling menthol, slickness and thus protection). I however, was not a fan of the white pre/post version, it somewhat reminded me of unpleasant mown grass.

It would be natural to assume therefore, that the white soap version would not be something I may like, yet I could not be more wrong. It did smell similar but more mentholated so the unpleasant smell was slightly un-noticeable. The quality of shave was again uncompromisable as is the case with all the proraso products I own. This made me re-think that the original green proraso may be the only one worth purchasing.

Has anyone tried or own any of the others in the range? Are they any good? I look mainly for a good scent, cushion and slickness. I am really interested in the red sandalwood version. I accept they are only 7 quid to buy but as they last years it would be a waste not to research first.

I use the Green tub and the blue and red tubes.

Proraso is probably my favourite soap and cream. It gets used at least once a week and for me it's one of the constants in my shaving week.

I'll always have proraso in one form or the other although the green tub is my favourite as I love the menthol feel from it, the blue and red tubes are excellent performers although scentwise maybe not the best, they all put a big smile on my face after the shave.

the red tub is the same as the green (bar smell) brilliant soaps

because the white is for sensitive the lather seems thicker and heavier, you dont get as good as a glide and it clogs the razor more

all in my opinion though

How much difference is there between the menthol of proraso and the menthol of ingrams?

I know both have their followers but have only used the ingrams - which I was impressed with given the availability and cost

In terms of the red proraso, thats one I was thinking about trying due to the sandalwood aspect.

Hodda said:
How much difference is there between the menthol of proraso and the menthol of ingrams?

I know both have their followers but have only used the ingrams - which I was impressed with given the availability and cost

In terms of the red proraso, thats one I was thinking about trying due to the sandalwood aspect.

To me, the menthol in Proraso is nicer, as it's combined with eucalyptus and a tiny amount of camphor, which means it's more than a one-hit menthol blast.

chrisbell said:
Hodda said:

To me, the menthol in Proraso is nicer, as it's combined with eucalyptus and a tiny amount of camphor, which means it's more than a one-hit menthol blast.

Is it just like the pre/post shave cream? I liked that but not sure Id want to have that blast all the time from the lather

No green proraso soap/cream's menthol is not as strong as the pre-post. Something like 2 or 3 times weaker then pre-post. and in my opinion, the menthol hit from ingrams and proraso is different, I would say ingrams menthol hit is stronger but proraso has eucalyptus in it as well, so its quite different.

Sezer74 said:
No green proraso soap/cream's menthol is not as strong as the pre-post. Something like 2 or 3 times weaker then pre-post. and in my opinion, the menthol hit from ingrams and proraso is different, I would say ingrams menthol hit is stronger but proraso has eucalyptus in it as well, so its quite different.

Thats interesting - I just assumed the blast was as big as pre/post etc so might give the proraso a try especially as a small tub is cheap enough

Al H said:
the red tub is the same as the green (bar smell) brilliant soaps

It isn't Al, red sandalwood Proraso has added shea butter so it's a bit richer and gives a nicer lather and skin feel than the green imo. The scent is pleasant and extremely subtle, sandalwood dislikers shouldn't be put off either as it's not recognisably so, sorta like very diluted AoS sandalwood with a bit of MWF laundry.

Hodda said:
Sezer74 said:

Thats interesting - I just assumed the blast was as big as pre/post etc so might give the proraso a try especially as a small tub is cheap enough

Definitely worths trying, both green and red. probably that will set you back about £10 but great products. Quality of lather is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom