Proraso Proraso Proraso.

Well my Proraso A/S was getting low and I ordered another from Connaught, I thought I would try the Proraso soap too, so also ordered that.
Both arrived today and I just gave it a go.
Used the Proraso pre-shave cream also to start, my usual 2 passes with touch ups and mixed the pre/post cream with the A/S in the palm of my hand and rubbed on shaved face. :D
Ive gotta say, the Proraso is as good as it gets for me, really fresh with the menthol.
Quite impressed with the soap, its a soft soap of the same consistancy of Nanny's and works very well. I chose to lather in a bowl and then face lather.
So, its all Eucalypyus and menthol for me at the moment, using my complete matching pre-cream, soap and A/S.
Anyone else have a favourite matching set of shaving products :?:

Can't go wrong with proraso especially in the morning,really wakes you up!I'm not really fussed and mix and match as I go along,there are always endless combinations

When I tried the Proraso sensitive yonks ago the only thing which stopped me making it a reg was the menthol (not cause it's bad, just cause I don't like menthol). Apart from that it's a really nice soap.

Only "combo" I could pick for me would just be glycerine based products. Trumper's for pre & after shave, Mama Bear for soap ........... although even that may alter with the latest products from Sunbury & Prof B.

JohnnyO. \ :shave

moodymick said:
quattrojames said:
I like the Proraso trio too, nothing beats that cold feeling!

I also like the Tabac soap, AS & Balm ;)

Yes & yes, but for the best skincare set (speaking personally, of course) I would go for Speick :)

I tried the Speick splash and I still found it harsh. Is the balm better?

jhclare said:
moodymick said:
quattrojames said:
I like the Proraso trio too, nothing beats that cold feeling!

I also like the Tabac soap, AS & Balm ;)

Yes & yes, but for the best skincare set (speaking personally, of course) I would go for Speick :)

I tried the Speick splash and I still found it harsh. Is the balm better?

The Balm is the only product in the range i didn't get on with, it just smelled,well, wrong.

tritrek said:
The only combo I've tried is T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO, SC & ASB... aaand it feels like heaven!

Mmmm... i can picture it now
Heaven_Door_by_MixedMilkChOcOlate.gif

Hiya,

Proraso was one of the first soaps or creams I tried, one reason being it was sold all over Chicago for a while years ago. Many of the Target stores stocked Proraso items, including the red Proraso and the (green) canned shaving cream.

I don't like menthol, so you can imagine this doesn't work for me. I did use it a bunch though and never found the stuff to be that great. Neither the scent or performance did anything for me. Heh, I was sent some a while ago and tried it again after all these years. I still don't like it.

Martin

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Proraso was one of the first soaps or creams I tried, one reason being it was sold all over Chicago for a while years ago. Many of the Target stores stocked Proraso items, including the red Proraso and the (green) canned shaving cream.

I don't like menthol, so you can imagine this doesn't work for me. I did use it a bunch though and never found the stuff to be that great. Neither the scent or performance did anything for me. Heh, I was sent some a while ago and tried it again after all these years. I still don't like it.

Martin

As the dragons would say,
'Im out' :)
I have wanted to try Tabac for quite a while now, A few weeks ago I went into Boots and noticed they now stock the A/S and deo but no shaving soap. I gave it a good sniff and was very dissapointed :( .
I will give the Speick a try as recommended from an earlier post, but for now im loving the menthol blast!

I rarely shave in the mornings, but I'm off work today and it was sunny (not sure why that matters?) so I thought I would.

So, Proraso pre-shave cream, soap and AS. Ice cold - can't wait to go outside ;)

Back
Top Bottom