Proraso Green Soap

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Proraso Green Soap - Our shaving soap formula undergos a traditional “hot process”. The shaving cream is left to mature in small batches for a period of 10 days in a temperature-controlled room that protects the batches from temperature shifts. During this maturing process, moisture evaporates from the formulation resulting in a solid, concentrated shaving soap; perfect for professional brush application.
COMPONENTS - EUCALYPTUS OIL has a tonifying and purifying effect. MENTHOL has refreshing and revitalizing properties. GLYCERIN encourages a smooth shave, reducing irritation and redness.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I've tried both bowl and face lathering, and if I am honest, I prefer face lathering. A good 30 seconds swirling the brush in the soap, straight to the dampened face and the lather explodes into life. A bowl lather takes a little more soap to get a comparable lather, and benefits from approx 1 teaspoon of water to really bring it to it's best.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Honestly, the scent is somewhat traditional. It is one of those scents that you could almost describe as musty, but not unpleasant. The subtle cooling effect of the soap is particularly welcome on warm days, especially when combined with a cooling preshave. I've never been let down by the slick lather provided by Proraso Green, and is my most used item of software to date. The low price point of the product does not indicate a cheap product, rather it indicates that quality products can be available at a bargain price.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
Of course I would. It's a sub £6 product that functions well.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_28a85211793d4f9e8e5d300d7c7667bd.jpg

I've always got red white and green with matching pre shave in my rotation. Something for every occasion. I buy them from gemstonetrading.co.uk great little site that does a great selection of European shave products.

My current favourite. Saying that, shaving soap lasts so long I have very few. I've been using the proraso regularly since April and it has hardly gone down at all. Lubricates nicely and I have no problem getting 3 passes out of it.

I just tried some of this Proraso Green Soap...This guy above is using the White stuff but no matter...He starts by commenting on the concerns he has about the amount of residue ( Scum ) that it leaves behind...Well..Its absolutely Manky Stuff...The amount of Nuclear Fallout it leaves behind is incredible....This guy is not impressed with the Glide & Cushion either...He is being very Conservative in this video as he's Mr Nice Guy...There is Zero Glide & Slickness...I threw it straight in the Bin...My face is irritated & this stuff smells like one of those Spanish Toilets in Cheap Self Catering Places..:eek:

This stuff is all the craze in forums as well...Doesn't Figure...Mr Nice Guy mentions that the razor gets stuck on your face an all because of the lack of slickness....He is spot on...I have to say that its got to be the worst shaving product that I have ever came across..I am waiting on my Bin exploding or somethin... :D

Billy

That surprises me. Whilst I do get some residue in the sink (less I might add than most), I find plenty of slickness and whatnot. How wet do you make your lather @Fergiebilly?
My Lather wasn't too wet or over watered...After I had my shave with it...I experimented with it...I have never had lathering problems that folks talk about...Its not rocket science..I mean this stuff lathers very easy anyway and that's the best of it...A monkey could lather this stuff...I had my suspicion's the moment I opened the tub any roads...This stuff just doesn't have any body to it...It would be ok with a Cartridge razor or somthin I guess....o_O

That's Guys review is spot on...I went through his review of all Proraso products & he personally whilst he doesn't give them a damning review is not overly impressed with any of them... :)

Billy

I really enjoy my Proraso green, plenty of volume in the lather, not as cushioned as say Tabac but definitely decent. My lather shot thread shows a very runny Proraso green, which I use predominantly with my straight razors. Good stuff especially in the summer IMO. Got to load heavy with this stuff though.

I really enjoy my Proraso green, plenty of volume in the lather, not as cushioned as say Tabac but definitely decent. My lather shot thread shows a very runny Proraso green, which I use predominantly with my straight razors. Good stuff especially in the summer IMO. Got to load heavy with this stuff though.
Yeah I hear what you are saying...If I had loaded any Heavier I would have fell into the Sink...:D

Billy

Last edited:
I always keep some Proraso Green at hand. Unbeatable quality/price ratio, with excellent performance and a refreshing scent. I also have the White 'sensitive' version but find it nowhere near as good. Doesn't lather as well for me and offers less protection.

Well, given the recent tremors, I whipped up a batch of Proraso Green for this mornings shave. Granted, not as slick as olive oil or say MWF, but plenty slick enough to shave with, to perform blade buffing with, without any drama whatsoever. I stand by my musty smell decision, but beyond that, the soap performs admirably for me.

Back
Top Bottom