Proraso Aftershave - what are the differences between these two?

Hi

ive been recommended Proraso Aftershave and after doing some searching there seems to be two different ones, which have the same ingredients,

are they the same?

see attached

Thanks!

Attachments

• Proraso-Aftershave-Lotion-Refresh.jpg
    Proraso-Aftershave-Lotion-Refresh.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 16
  • ProrasoAfterShaveLotion100ml__80587_zoom.jpg
    ProrasoAfterShaveLotion100ml__80587_zoom.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 16
Not tried the new stuff (picture on the left) so can't comment on that, the old stuff costs approx £20 +p&p for a 400ml bottle and contains menthol, witch hazel, allantoin and works very as a after shave. It has a some what medicinal smell that some like some don't.

Kevin

As far as I can tell the new stuff has the same ingredients as the old.

Kevin

Slightly different ingredients in the new version, which, in my opinion, makes it better. I don't think that the old version had any glycerin in it; the new one does and that makes it a bit less drying.

Best A/S splash that I've ever used.

Ian

I recently picked up a bottle of the proraso sensitive aftershave balm. It has a great scent, but wears off a little too quickly. Does anyone know if they do an aftershave with the same scent? Does the stuff discussed in this thread smell more like the proraso 'green' range (of which I am also a fan)?

The one on the left is the new version of the old one(right handside). I got both of them and used both, and i can't tell any difference. The main difference in the new proraso range is; it doesn't contains paraben and silicone. I am not an expert or anything like that but as far as i understood from the things i red about is. paraben is an agent used to increase the shelf life of the product. I don't know if it makes any good? my guess is as good as yours. but the smell and performance is same in my opinion and its a wonderful aftershave, i also suggest that you use it with the pre-post cream.

I've got the old formula proraso and it's a great performer. As mentioned before the scent does have a medicinal quality which I personally like. One of the things I really like about proraso ASL is that scent is very short lived which allows for an EDT to be applied soon after without any trace or clash of proraso. When my bottle is finished it will be one of the few products that I would not hesitate in replacing.

Back
Top Bottom