Prof. Blighty's Grapewood

mail

mail

PIF'd very generously from the Prof. Used this afternoon. Same set up as I have used last while to reduce variables;
Hot shower for prep and faced washed with Molton Brown soap
SS Adjustable with Gillette Bleue blade
Arko shave stick applied to face, lathered with EJ pure Badger.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS; Very nice, good quality bottle and cap. Label on box was a bit insipid regarding colour selection.

BOTTLE; As stated, very good, impressed my wife.

LABELLING; This is my only negative, bit washed out looking, needs a bit more presence.

SCENT; I sniffed from the bottle and got the grapefruit right away. I applied to my wrist and allowed to settle. Lavender and sandalwood came through, very subtle, very nice. Not too strong an overall scent. Perfect for applying another scent later if wished.

BURN; Little to none, felt clean and refreshing.

LONGEVITY; Somewhat fleeting, I believe this is intentional.

VALUE FOR MONEY (£9.99); Excellent, my wife, who buys most of my scents, says she would buy it.

SUMMARY; Overall Prof., a definite winner. I never really noticed the labelling, when brought to my attention I had to agree. BOLDER. During visits to warmer climes I could see me using Grapewood as an AS and as a cooling agent, it is superbly refreshing. I wondered if you added oils/glycerine to your AS's or left it down to personal choice? This would be the icing on the cake for me, however, that is down to personal choice.

Thank you very much for a well balanced and thoughtful review, I do appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to review this properly. You are the second reviewer who has mentioned the shortcomings of the label, I will definitely address this issue in the near future.

Glad you liked the scent though!

Martin.

Prof.
Had your product on today at work. It was commented on that the smell was very nice. Masculine in an old fashioned way, "Like how a man should smell" was a comment.

You are on to a winner.

The difficulty in creating new scents is trying to find a combo that both sexes like. I have created scents before that men liked, but women didn't, so men stopped wearing it. I have also created scents that women liked but men didn't, and so that was worn under sufferance so to speak. The trick is getting a scent that men like, and women like on men. I think this could be one of those.

I am going to create a matching shaving soap and balm and offer the range as a set for Christmas if I can get the labelling right.

Martin.

Professor Blighty said:
The difficulty in creating new scents is trying to find a combo that both sexes like. I have created scents before that men liked, but women didn't, so men stopped wearing it. I have also created scents that women liked but men didn't, and so that was worn under sufferance so to speak. The trick is getting a scent that men like, and women like on men. I think this could be one of those.

I am going to create a matching shaving soap and balm and offer the range as a set for Christmas if I can get the labelling right.

Martin.

Chips :lol:

Back
Top Bottom