Problems with Maguires barbershop ?

Not that I have ever bought anything from Maguires before, but when looking at their E bay site last night all their stock was marked up at 50% off. When I checked back a few minutes later all their product listings had gone & the store banner read..............

MAGUIRE'S Barbershop is a leading seller of Wet Shaving & Hair Grooming Products with crap Customer Service! We buy in large volume and don't despatch to achieve best profits & maintain good stock levels on all items. Please add me to your list of favourite sellers & come again

That's a damn shame! Personally, I've always had great service from them and the product range was excellent and very competitively priced. Obviously some folks had different experiences, just making a note of mine, that's all.

It does say "this seller is currently away".

Maybe he's just decided to close up while on holiday. I know he has had problems before during his holidays with people complaining about long waits.

Of course the 50% off thing is ominous.

Didn't he have a holiday about 4 weeks ago? Members here suffered delays as a result and it was apparently down to unreliable staff which Jonathan had supposedly rectified.
This sounds like something more ominous.
I used them a few weeks back and got my aftershave in good and timely order.

I've had blades delivered recently in a timely fashion and at the best price available for the quantity I wanted.

It does sound to me like someone with a grudge has hacked into his ebay account. I don't think anyone would really do that to their own business.

Perhaps someone has recently found themselves no longer employed and has not taken it kindly.

Just guessing of course, but what would a forum be if we couldn't speculate and spread rumours.

I ordered a Wilkinson Sword shaving stick. Came very quickly but the outer cardboard box was squashed as it had been packed in a jiffy bag without any other protective packaging.

LTB sounds like he has a likely explanation. Owner is struggling by, lays off a member of staff who still has access and takes a swipe. I'd never heard of Maguires until today. There seem to be lots of shaving shops that I didn't know about.

Yep, LTB probably has something there, Halk. Hope they get it together soon as its a good shop that I'd like to frequent again. Have sent Jonathan a PM offering my best wishes.

Bought a fair amount of gear from them in the past, always pleased with service, price wise very competitive, great range of products. I hope they are not in trouble I will miss them.

Kevin

Their items are still listed, and can be bid on (or at least they look as if they can, I can't bid) however they've been sort of hidden.

You can list them here - http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=maguires.barbershop&sort=3&page=6&rows=50&since=30&rdir=0

Back
Top Bottom