Potential New Pen

With my 40th only a few months away, my family have stated asking questions about gifts. Always a difficult one as I tend to buy myself things I want.

I'm leaning towards another pen as it's a nice 'gift for life'. Most of you know that I've got quite a good arsenal of pens but I'm a creature of habit. They tend to be Cross pens. My favourite is the Townsend with a Medium nib. I have a few of these so don't want anymore. As a result of this preference, it's probably fair to say I like wetter writers.

I'm torn between two models: Lamy 2000 and The Good Blue R615 Summer Happy Medium. I learned of the latter through this forum. I'm not in to calligraphy.

I'm interested to hear the experiences of anyone who's used either or both of these pens.

Great idea to get a pen. I’ve not experienced either of the 2 mentioned, but the R615 looks fun. I know some flex nibs can have trouble keeping up the ink flow, so worth checking reviews.

Around this price point I can recommend Pelikan. You’re right between the M200 and 400 ranges. Both are superb writers and tend to be broader and wetter than others for a given nib size. I have a few, and my broad 400 is very broad and pretty wet.

This looks nice:

I’ve always like Faber-Castell too. Especially the E-Motion range:

Last edited:
An update:

I ordered The Good Blue and a Pelikan M200 following @OrangeSport 's recommendation and subsequent reading. The M200 is lovely. I was really disappointed in The Good Blue pen. It was misaligned and had marks on it. That went back for a refund and I picked up the Lamy 2000 instead.

So I now have two nice new pens and still no idea what to ask for my 40th. I'm a problem.

An update:

I ordered The Good Blue and a Pelikan M200 following @OrangeSport 's recommendation and subsequent reading. The M200 is lovely. I was really disappointed in The Good Blue pen. It was misaligned and had marks on it. That went back for a refund and I picked up the Lamy 2000 instead.

So I now have two nice new pens and still no idea what to ask for my 40th. I'm a problem.
Which M200 did you get? Which nib size? They tend to write broader than some others. I’ve been very happy with all my Pelikans (a 200, a 400 and an 800).

Shame about the Good Blue...

Which M200 did you get? Which nib size? They tend to write broader than some others. I’ve been very happy with all my Pelikans (a 200, a 400 and an 800).

Shame about the Good Blue...
I went for this one (but from Cult Pens) with a Fine nib:

If I was to order another, I'd go for a Medium nib but I still like the Fine.

With my 40th only a few months away, my family have stated asking questions about gifts. Always a difficult one as I tend to buy myself things I want.

I'm leaning towards another pen as it's a nice 'gift for life'. Most of you know that I've got quite a good arsenal of pens but I'm a creature of habit. They tend to be Cross pens. My favourite is the Townsend with a Medium nib. I have a few of these so don't want anymore. As a result of this preference, it's probably fair to say I like wetter writers.

I'm torn between two models: Lamy 2000 and The Good Blue R615 Summer Happy Medium. I learned of the latter through this forum. I'm not in to calligraphy.

I'm interested to hear the experiences of anyone who's used either or both of these pens.
40 again! :)

Paul.

Not for that price though.

I have a number of MBs. All very nice, but uou donpay a bit over the odds for the name..
Jesus! Have you seen the recent prices? Even Starwalker is over £500 now, mine was only ever ‘meh’ compared to Meiserstuck and it was less than £300. Looks like prices have gone up £250 across the board

Jesus! Have you seen the recent prices? Even Starwalker is over £500 now, mine was only ever ‘meh’ compared to Meiserstuck and it was less than £300. Looks like prices have gone up £250 across the board
My Carlo Collodi Pinocchio was only mid £500s, albeit for a ballpoint...

Back
Top Bottom