posted at last

B

brokenknee

Hi all been lurking for abit doing a lot of reading getting my technique right im now enjoying shaving after trying just about every modern way im now using a unstamped gillette superspeed got a beauty for next to nowt and I think my grandad used the same one unfortunatly his got thrown away in the eighties a crying shame I know anyway lookin forward to trying other classic gillette's different blades,soaps,brushes. And I got in to this to save money ....

brokenknee said:
And I got in to this to save money ....

Hi brokenknee and welcome to TSR. You're not the first to look at "traditional" shaving as a way of saving money and then spending far more than you would have had you stuck to cartridges. And you most certainly won't be the last!

I initially thought the same as you and have ended up spending way more than is reasonable. The difference is, I enjoy this way and get happiness from the discovery of different razors, soaps, blades and brushes. I also enjoy the whole routine - something which I never enjoyed with cartridge razors - with them it was always a chore.

Anyway, enjoy the ride and try to resist temptation if you must, but I have to warn you: resistance is futile :)

Welcome and dont look at shaving as a chore its an art lol, thats how i explain it, explaining half a dozen straights,brushes and de's to the wife is fun and you will hear "why do ya need more than one" more often than not. lol

Welcome to the forum brokenknee.

It is funny, I could not justify spending £x on cartridges but I am more than happy to spend £y (where y is much bigger than x) on traditional shaving gear.........

P.S. Hope the knee gets better.

Back
Top Bottom