Poorly Macbook

for what its worth.. i'm on my fourth mac (3rd macbook pro) and havent had a single issue with any one of them. All were well made, and were sold back on in perfect condition between 1-2 years after buying.

my current one might as well still be new for how it looks and performs. It'll get replaced with another simply because I like the ergonomics, the looks, the display and the trackpad (which is light years ahead of any PC trackpad in a windows OS)

shanky887614 said:
personally i dont like mac

just a preference, they are overated and just as prone to viruses as pcs

Just a preference indeed, but that information is completely false. There have been a handful of Trojans for Mac OSX but no viruses. Again definitions are important. Common sense plays a big part in everything I had a PC for years without viruses.

I LOVE Lightroom, but that isn't what iPhoto is trying to be. In the same ways windows picture viewer isn't Aperture.

Each to there own. Some like ikon razors, others prefer Merkurs. Competition is healthy after all.

I like my mac I've had one for a year now after owning a number of windows pc's since 99. would I go back? not anytime soon.

Mac's are not perfect some things are done better on pc but it's not a deal breaker. Mac software is better out of the box so to get something comparable wipes out the price comparison between mac and pc also MS office is not cheap apples offerings are much cheaper and very good.

for me the pro's

Windows
any new software will come out first on windows fact.
all plug in devices will work on pc.
cheap hardware.
lots of choice.

Mac
No real issues with male ware or virus software you have to install it your self you muppet.
Apple software is very very good Iphoto is streets ahead of MS offerings as is pages, numbers, Itunes.
Low maintenance it does it all in the background plug in a hard drive and point time machine at it job done.
Hardware cost if you try to build your on pc matching to the letter Mac's kit it will be more expensive.
lion OS costs £21 windows 7 64 bit is a lot more (lion is a 64 bit OS )
Very easy to use small learning curve.

Cons
Windows
virus male-ware this is a night mare
constant updates just at the wrong time.
no very stable not MS's fault just too much untested software out there that is impossible to test on all configurations of kit.
lots of choice but most of it is crap it's very hard to find a diamond in a pile of Sh*t there is more crap software out there then good stuff ever brought a piece of software that matches the specs on your machine only to find that it crashes badly and you are told you can't have a refund because you opened the box.

I'll stop there I could go on all night.

Mac cons
you have to translate every thing in to a windows friendly format before you can use it on the net.
some operations can be performed more efficiently on a pc.
if you want to do high speed video analysis like look at your golf swing or archery form you'll be out of like if you want the industry standard software like Dartfish or kinovea
itunes makes move music to non mac users a pain.
High starting cost mac mini is the cheapest route in and that means screen, keyboard, mouse and speakers not included.

at the end of the day they both have faults macs ar still better because I can switch it on and it works I do not have to waste my life away fixing the bloody thing something I had to do a lot of with my windows machine. 2 years of monthly reinstalls with win 95 and then XP stopped all that only to introduce me to a new word called patience.

Please guys, don't attempt comparing Mac software with the Win based one if you don't even know what's out there. Trust an old pirate - I've yet to see a Mac piece of software that I wouldn't be able to find a Windows equivalent of that would be at least on par (and it's not the other way around). And there's absolutely no surprise there - 90% (if not more) of the SW industry has been developing for Win platform.

Guys it's not a pc mac debate. Each have there uses an people have there preferences for example I like pie? You might not like pie?

The debate is never ending but who cares no one out there is forcing you to buy either or spend less or more on something. Do you need a stainless steel razor? Or would something else suffice? Each to there own.

mattyb240 said:
Guys it's not a pc mac debate. Each have there uses an people have there preferences for example I like pie? You might not like pie?

The debate is never ending but who cares no one out there is forcing you to buy either or spend less or more on something. Do you need a stainless steel razor? Or would something else suffice? Each to there own.

It's a fine line with these threads :)

I like pies too ;)

Big.Dave said:
mattyb240 said:

It's a fine line with these threads :)

I like pies too ;)

Very fine sometimes, I like pasties.

I see Smurf's, so was looking for a new camera to capture and prove it. Can anyone recommend between a Canon or Nikon.

I am non partisan where technology is concerned. I strongly believe that competition for market share and revenue of that nature is good for the consumer.

For my work I use more or less every variant of Linux Distros, OSX, even native Unix. I also use Windows and the many alternatives to recreate problems.. Many clients seem to be moving to free O/S like Cent and Debian on compute nodes to reduce Licensing outlays and this is not just mom and pop operations either.

MY own house has a PC, an HP Microserver that I can run anything on (VMWare environment), 3 IBM Laptops (2 Company workstations) and a MacBookPro (40th Birthday pressie from the misses) this runs OSX and Windows 7 off Bootcamp/Fusion. Of therm all i find Apple/OSX the most intuitive and friendly. Quick boot time, seldom ever restart is and a good solid platform.

Phone wise in the house is is an iPhone of my own which works so seamlessly with OSX that I believe Apple sabotage the Windows version and the others probably do the same with theirs (big fixes for other produced are on the las to do list). for home use, a blackberry issue from work which gets switched off at 5pm) and the misses pink flip Nokia which is paper bad material for any teenager but she loves it cause it is pink

To "Get" Apple you have to buy into the whole thing and almost forget what you have learned, only when you have an iPod, phone and iPad or MBP you can see how seamless it works together especially if you don't know Windows or have the ingrained "must have a file structure" like I have.

Back my point, the only winner I'n this game are the companies. Use what suits your needs and preferences (and your pocket); and thank the lords we do have some form of competition. Sadly fashion is a big part of it, K will tell you, sitting in any hotel lobby these days on business you will feel like an outcast if you don't have an iPad. I usually take out paper and pen and write stuff just because it is the way I work, I like paper notes and they work for me.

Back
Top Bottom