Polsilver Super Iridium

First shave with a Polsilver SI tonight. Felt harsh, not very smooth but gave a good shave - 3 passes, close finish. A little irritation towards the end of the second pass so was a little apprehensive about a third pass ATG, but did it anyway. Third pass ended up being the smoothest. Maybe this is one of those blades that settles down on the second shave. We'll see in a couple of days, and I'll update accordingly.

So far, preferred the Bic Astor that was in previously - much smoother.

Second shave with the Polsilver this morning. Again, first pass felt a bit rough and was a bit jumpy but second and third pass were ok and ended up with a close smooth result with no irritation.

I've got 15 of the little blighters so I'll keep trying [emoji16]

Yeah I thought that. It's happened to me before with other blades. Will swap it out for the next shave, cheers [emoji4]

mikebrownington said:
Never found the Polsilver SI to be too great in the DE89, put one in every other razor I've tried (admittedly not many) and they are fabulous!

Interesting, it's the only combination I've ever managed to get a 2 pass BBS from, though I prefer my Slim/Polsilver combo on a day to day basis. However, get it right with the EJ and it's amazing.

Rascally said:
mikebrownington said:
Never found the Polsilver SI to be too great in the DE89, put one in every other razor I've tried (admittedly not many) and they are fabulous!

Interesting, it's the only combination I've ever managed to get a 2 pass BBS from, though I prefer my Slim/Polsilver combo on a day to day basis. However, get it right with the EJ and it's amazing.

It might just be I only really used the BE89 when I was a newbie and got unlucky!

I think this happens all too often, passing judgement on a blade in the early days and thinking its the blade at fault for the less than adequate result, when more than likely it's just inexperience or poor technique to blame.

I'm trying to revisit a few blades from the early days and give them another chance - what a nice guy I am lol

Polsilver? Harsh? Not smooth?? Jumpy?!!

Not feelings I've ever associated with the Polsilver but each to their own. I do notice that it seems to be a slightly better match with my Merkur 23C than the DE89 though.

Used one in my 37c this morning and it was a rough shave. Hurt a little and was sore afterwards! One nick as far as i can see. Disappointed with the Polsilver. I think i had a better shave with one in my DE89L.

Back
Top Bottom