polsilver super iridium back in stock

Yep, another thumbs up from me for these blades. I only bought 10 to try them out but I'll be ordering more when they run out. Very smooth and they seem to last forever, at least 5 shaves for me (I lose count after 5). I'd be happy if these were the only blades I used from here on in.

Also, only good things to say about Gemstoneshaving. I cocked my order up on eBay which meant I paid for 3 lots of postage. They noticed this and sent me extra blades to compensate me [emoji3].

Just ordered 50 of them, in my defence I've got around 600 other blades already in stock, including close to 300 Gillette Silver Blues and 100 Gillette 7 o'clock yellows so I'm not going to run out any time soon :)

I also went for the aftershave splash, never heard of it before, but got sucked in by the offer of combined postage and a sensible price for 150ml of after shave. Anyone tried and willing to offer me a crumb of comfort that it's worth the tenner it's going to cost me??

It strikes me as odd. That casayasmin - now Gemstoneshaving - can sell Polsilvers for £11.99 while Connaught charge a crazy £25.99.
Sure, they have more overheads, but double the price seems somewhat ludicrous.

Just a thought, but perhaps Connaught obtained these from an early batch of the new production from St Petersburg and set their price according to their then scarcity and rarity. As production has ramped up the blades are less and less scarce, though Connaught May be tied to a price agreed with their original supplier?

Thanks for the heads up on the Polsilvers - just stocked up. Given ramping up of sanctions on Russia I wonder if we're going to go through a Russian blade drought at some point in the future?

ultrawomble said:
Thanks for the heads up on the Polsilvers - just stocked up. Given ramping up of sanctions on Russia I wonder if we're going to go through a Russian blade drought at some point in the future?
Only Problem with Gemstoneshaving, their products are reasonably priced, so they sell out quickly. All my orders have been processed quickly and arrive promptly.

BRICKBIKER said:
Casayasmin have changed their Ebay trading name to Gemstoneshaving and say that they're launching a website of their own soon. At £12 for 100, they seem to be much cheaper from them than anywhere else I've seen.

That's good advice. Just had a quick look and gemstone still do them at a good price. And when I bought from him I found great service too. Nice range of other bits and bobs too.

Back
Top Bottom