Polsilver - Any one

I tried them a couple of years ago before they disappeared. The pack indicated they were made in Lodz, Poland. Very nice, sharp and smooth.

I'd be surprised if these new ones are the same. Probably St Petersburg blades? If so they will be good but maybe not as good as the old ones.

I have seen these pop up again on www.damfineshave.com and one of the chaps over there has kindly sent over a sample of them (they have not arrived yet mind you).

They seem to be getting pretty good reviews and I am looking forward to putting one in my razor and seeing how I get on with them. Most of the blades I use in my rotation come from St Petersburg so I know what a St Peterburg blade is like and therefore should be able to compare fairly easily.

antdad said:
Didn't Hunny sound the alert on these popping up not so long ago?

That's what caught my eye, but im sure they were the blue boxed ones.

fozz77 said:
The symbol on the top RH corner of the box looks very much like the symbol on the Iridium box. Any relation??

I think that is the reason they are hitting peoples radars fozz. Trying to back track posts on users who have used the Iridiums and are then comparing in there veiws of these blades just to see if its worth the outlay.

Mind a fair few are saying that the Perma-sharp and Gillette's in the blue box are pretty damn close.

After a quick search here I now have more information on the Polsilver being offered by TSR member Emilio than before. These must be new and just learning about them.

received 50 blades yesterday and used one with outstanding results for me. In the process of sending out samples to my friends. Wondered if it was an old blade resurfacing because of the symbol in the upper left corner that resembles the Iridium one.

Gave eBay a a whirl and got an old Polsilver blade w/wrapper for $9.50 and another offer popped up for a Polsilver Super Iridium - 100 blades for GBP 18.99 ($ 30.16) and postage of GBP 3.25 ($5.16). Offered from escapefromla (69*) and hails from Yambol, Bulgaria.

I never heard of this blade before today. Perhaps I should have started a new thread but you guys would know about these before us. Have a good night. Regards, Robert

The symbol (a stylised W) is because they were originally Wizamet branded blades. Wizamet being a brand in (I think Poland) that made some fairly convincing looking clones of the Schick DE (the european one, not the Krona) and a SuperAdj-a-like.

I say convincing looking - I have a Wizamet W-3 and whilst it looks like the Schick DE, it shaves nothing like it.

I bought these Polsilvers from Emilio after having read they were good elsewhere. I'd go so far as to say they are my favourite blade! I have tried the Iridiums and they seem very similar. I'm on my second blade and have had five shaves from that one and reckon I can do another. They are sharp and glide straight through stubble as if it wasn't there. If I want another pass to get rid of the problem areas I won't get sore till the fourth pass, which is much further than I normally go anyway.

I have the Wizamet W3 too - don't break it out too often as it's very head heavy but sometimes I fancy something a bit different.

Northam Saint said:
Yep, brilliant blade. I got a ten pack off someone on ebay this week. I tried one this morning and then straight away ordered 100 off Emilio. and lovely sharp blade, glided through with ease and left a very close shave.

I'm still blowing the trumpet after posting about them earlier great shaves with a vision may be able to get a sixth shave with these after using one all week never been able to find a blade thats much use after three shaves apart from the fabled Super Iridiums.

Im using my first one having been PiF'ed a few to try.

Im rather impressed, day 5 today and its still going strong. Utterly unheard of in the Crilly household for a blade to carry on this long and still give a good shave, other than the UK Wilkinson. Even my Bleue Extras start to fade at this point and are consigned to the blade bin.

Hi
I also bought some from Emilio, used one yesterday - great blade , pricey compared to others but in context to other treats we give ourselves it is nothing
:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom