Podcasts

I'm going to throw in one of my favourite podcasts.
Just this one episode.
Ticked all the boxes for me.
Am I odd or was It a brilliant listen.

The boring talks. BBC
Young girl talks about running ice-cream van.
Ha..
Strangely interesting!!!

Paul.

The Two Shot Podcast hosted by Craig Parkinson* is excellent. Mainly interviews with actors. There’s two episodes with Joseph Gilgun (Woody from This is England/Brassic). He really opens about his mental health issues which goes really dark but also is really funny too. I’ve listened to quite a few and they have all been very interesting and entertaining.
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-two-shot-podcast/id1251501033

craig-parkinson.jpg
My guess is that this interview happened because they worked together on the TV series Misfits which was pretty good.

Another tip.
if anyone has an old mobile use that.
I've got an old lg g5 at the moment but no SIM card in it. Don't need one. Old iPhone would also work well.
I download all my podcasts which you can do with all the podcasts apps over home WiFi.
Saves my daily phone battery and getting knocked about.
Links to my van stereo as well for music and podcasts.

I'm all wireless with bluetooth headphones mostly but also some bluetooth buds. I've cord cut.

If you got old android phone stick f droid on and then newpipe. I use newpipe (YouTube)all the time to download and listen offline.
Not enough hours in the day to get th through it all

Anyone got any recommendations for podcasts or audio series? I've got a Bluetooth link on my radio and I'm finding it quite civilised to listen to stuff on it rather than just sticking the telly on.
I got a few good suggestions off a mate, and at the moment I'm listening to a series called the Lazarus heist, it's very good.
Any suggestions more than welcome :)
Following your posts, I know you like your music......this is possibly my favourite podcast episode ever. Listened to it half a dozen times (at least) over the last couple of years. Utterly wonderful......A lovely review here

Following your posts, I know you like your music......this is possibly my favourite podcast episode ever. Listened to it half a dozen times (at least) over the last couple of years. Utterly wonderful......A lovely review here

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out :)

In that case, I must recommend the Skeptics Guide to the Universe.
They have been talking about conspiracy theories since 2005...
Thank you very much ! :)

I shall listen to this, just by having the links to this information I could be put under greater scrutiny.

You have never seen me, know me,, mum's the word!

BladeMonkey out.

Paul.

Last edited:
I've recently discovered the Captains podcast with Sam Warburton. It's not weighted towards to Rugby at all - more about captains and leaders in general. My personal favourite episode being that with Chris Hoy.

The episodes are great insights into motivation, communication and inspiration. The episode about The Tour De France is bonkers. Imagine riding a bike for 21 days under that competitive pressure :oops:

Last edited:
There's one I like on Sounds called The Lovecraft Investigations. It's like a Serial-style true crime thing but they're investigating HP Lovecraft, Cthulhu type stuff. It's exciting and the acting is pretty good!! Great if you like conspiracy/horror type stuff.

Based on your profile pic, you can also listen to great old BBC radio comedy on Sounds like Hancock and Steptoe!!! Also much ropier stuff like Men from the Ministry haha

Back
Top Bottom