Plisson L'Occitane

The main issue with the Plisson for L'Occitane is:

img-2010.jpg

Fortunately, L'Occitane UK changed it for free.

There are quite a few L'Occitane shops around the London that have it in stock. London alone there's around 8+ shops that have it.
I rang one of them and they said they had 6 left.

@crisobal - oh god! I hope this isn't a recurring issue? how did that come apart? and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening.
Also have Plisson upgraded this version?

Great brush. Very soft and gentle on the face. Fuss free when it comes to maintenance. I had a knot placed into a custom handle which solves the issues encountered above.....

Beardless said:
@crisobal - oh god! I hope this isn't a recurring issue? how did that come apart? and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening.

As it's a synthetic brush you don't really need to soak it before you use it - but if you do make sure that you don't let the water go above the knot and into the handle - especially if the water is on the hot side of things.

I'm extremely novice when it comes to brushes and handles ect, is it as easy as buying a handle and sticking it together? or does it have to be done professionally?

pjgh said:
... just glue it back in if it happens.

Or, you might just find that you love the knot and in the meantime a perfect handle came along ... A+B=Perfect :D

Might it be that the rebranded one (Maison du Barbier...as ordered by Ferrum - see post #16) has fixed (literally) the problem of the knot coming loose?

Again I enquire what size knot is it thought to be?

At £28 delivered from France it's cheaper than buying in store (if you can find one in store) unless I'm reading that wrong.

Beardless said:

This is the 'upgraded' version with the 'pour L'Occitane' label. Here is how it happened, after probably 2 or 3 months, just as I was rinsing the brush after my shave, the knot just fell off in the sink...

Nothing to prevent this apart luck. Anyway, it's not very serious, you can either ask for a replacement or glue it with epoxy adhesive. Eventually I took off the knot from the replacement brush (2 minutes in steam) and placed it in an orange/butterscotch handle.

img-2010.jpg

DevonStan said:
At £28 delivered from France it's cheaper than buying in store (if you can find one in store) unless I'm reading that wrong.

Actually the shipping is 6 € to France, so it would be probably more to ship to UK.

My original Cade brush fell apart and I returned it for a full refund, I had bought it when they first appeared for £65 - a high price for such a lack of glue. I have since bought another one now that the price has dropped (considerably) and if it happens again I'll either glue it back in or get a custom handle made ... or return it and get a horn/tortoiseshell Plisson instead. Where did I put that reciept? :s

I've had the recent Plisson brush posted above for almost a fortnight. It's got a substantial acetate handle (probably moulded) which is a vast improvement on the L'Occitane offering. I'd go with this option!

okpzxe.jpg

DevonStan said:
pjgh said:
... just glue it back in if it happens.

Or, you might just find that you love the knot and in the meantime a perfect handle came along ... A+B=Perfect :D

Might it be that the rebranded one (Maison du Barbier...as ordered by Ferrum - see post #16) has fixed (literally) the problem of the knot coming loose?

Again I enquire what size knot is it thought to be?

Still wanting to know the size of the knot I spotted there's a size chart on their website and size 12 is 0.866" which converts to 22mm

Dipesh said:
They are size 12's. 22mm sounds about right.

Mine has just arrived, and, although my digital caliper battery is about to die, it has just managed to tell me it's 22mm.

Occams Razor said:
I'm going to purchase a Plisson or the Muhle synthetic fibre, undecided??? What are people's thoughts on the Plisson v Muhle?
I do prefer a firmer backbone if possible.
Although (q.v.) my Plisson has just arrived, and I haven't used it yet, a quick comparison with my Muhle 33K256 - V 2.0 fibre, 23mm knot - tells me that the Plisson is far softer.

Back
Top Bottom