Plissoft brush-I don't get it

Hi mates!

Reading this thread now I feel that I'm not alone... I have tested many synthetics trying to understand the "marvellous" reviews that I read in many forums about them, but in most of the cases (muhle, edwin jagger, Vie-Long, artisan Druida....) I found the same problems that you are telling with splay/density which made them almost inusable for facelathering... The only one that it is more confortable in that way (but still far from a good badger) is a Plisson L'Occitane (but is almost too soft even) and I keep it for using in travel and/or with problematic soaps because like all synthetics it lathers like a dream (the main advantage that I found in this kind of hair appart from how fast it dries). Oh, and I owned a Maggards plissoft 22 mm which was only acceptable, but still on the too-firm side for my liking...

IMHO synthetic hair still must improve the springness/splay for facelathering in the way that it should have a more natural flexible behaviour when applied to the face...

Regards

Hi mates!

Reading this thread now I feel that I'm not alone... I have tested many synthetics trying to understand the "marvellous" reviews that I read in many forums about them, but in most of the cases (muhle, edwin jagger, Vie-Long, artisan Druida....) I found the same problems that you are telling with splay/density which made them almost inusable for facelathering... The only one that it is more confortable in that way (but still far from a good badger) is a Plisson L'Occitane (but is almost too soft even) and I keep it for using in travel and/or with problematic soaps because like all synthetics it lathers like a dream (the main advantage that I found in this kind of hair appart from how fast it dries). Oh, and I owned a Maggards plissoft 22 mm which was only acceptable, but still on the too-firm side for my liking...

IMHO synthetic hair still must improve the springness/splay for facelathering in the way that it should have a more natural flexible behaviour when applied to the face...

Regards

I am still waiting to try the 2 tuxedos i have ordered to make final opinion about synthetics. They seem supersoft, but, i am not one of the guys that search supersoft as 1st quality, so after the debacle of the Yaqi plissoft, i am getting cold feet now.
And although the Yaqi best badger is very good, this China mail 30 day waiting routine is killing me.

I am afraid that while synthetics might "work well" as lather machines, the face feeling and behaviour might be their problem. Today i shaved with my 24x55 S-brush. I have learnt how to splay it on the chin and move it up without having it catapult lather all over the place and it did hold lather for 4 passes with no problem, but i will take my 20mm EJ pure badger over it any day (let alone my lovely boars). The plissoft i got splays much harder than the s-brush and while it may feel supersoft, i think it feels "fake", even if we leave the splaying problem aside.

Back
Top Bottom