Plisskon

So today was the first shave with my new plisskon (thanks to tall_paul) so the first thing you notice apart from the outstanding engineering is the weight and at 124g its a heavy razor also that is 2 piece. To load the blade ( today I used a Gillette Bleue) you hold the top part of the head and unscrew the handle, then you place the blade on the lugs grip the head and part of the body and twist until the top sits tight.
I mixed up a lather of my fav williams mug soap, once applied I took the first pass on my 2 day growth not pressing but letting the weight of the razor do the work, so with 999 on stand by (but no need) it left a clean strip in its wake with only minor stubble left behind, so I re applied the lather and went for a second pass, even around the tricky areas it done its job with no hassle at all.
I normally straight shave as I like the close feel and smoothness that it gives me, but this razor has given me a shave which would match any straight shave, Even my wife noticed how close the shave was when I came down to start my days work (even if having the Olympics on in the background is a distraction :s)
So this now leaves me to Imagine what the the S3S is like as on the few occasions I do use a DE I like my OC senator, [attachment=5316]

Attachments

• IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 76
I had one of those, the ikon modern is the name for it. Beautifully finished razor.

The S3S has more aggression and for me it shaves better. A good friend of mine on here now has my modern as it suited him more.

I found it shaved very similar to the feather all stainless de.

Getting hooked on ikon's can be very ££!

Dipesh said:
Indeed - my S3S is my most used DE unless im feeling sore (which I haven't for ages now) when I'll use the Feather AS-D1.

I'm intrieged by the plisskon as well and I still want to try an Ikon OCC at some point. More expense.

You're doing it again! and/or my head is addled with dongles and giffgaff.

What is a Plisskon with its symmetrical head?

And there's still no such thing as an iKon OCC - assume you mean iKon OSS?

I'm so easily confused these days .........

barlines said:
Dipesh said:
Indeed - my S3S is my most used DE unless im feeling sore (which I haven't for ages now) when I'll use the Feather AS-D1.

I'm intrieged by the plisskon as well and I still want to try an Ikon OCC at some point. More expense.
maybe one day we could exchange razors of a week this way we both get to try something different:idea:

over5feet said:
barlines said:
Dipesh said:

maybe one day we could exchange razors of a week this way we both get to try something different:idea:

Sounds like a plan - I'm interested to hear what you think of it to shave with as I didn't even know that razor existed until this thread.

Bechet45 said:
And there's still no such thing as an iKon OCC - assume you mean iKon OSS?

I'm so easily confused these days .........

Bigduncan sold one on here and put the original ad up as an OCC which I'd never heard of, but he actually meant OSS...in fact a quick search suggests you bought it from him!!

Since then my little brain has not been able to remember which it is, OSS or OCC.

Bechet45 said:
Aha! your Plisskon is an Ikon Modern aka Pils Knock-off? If so, that is why I want one then I don't then I do - until I go look at my Pils and then I don't again.
From what I understand but I maybe wrong other than the textured handle on the ikon and the rust issues with the pils there is nothing between them? I think both are engineered to a very high standard

over5feet said:
Bechet45 said:
Aha! your Plisskon is an Ikon Modern aka Pils Knock-off? If so, that is why I want one then I don't then I do - until I go look at my Pils and then I don't again.
From what I understand but I maybe wrong other than the textured handle on the ikon and the rust issues with the pils there is nothing between them? I think both are engineered to a very high standard

I'd love to do a comparative shave with them - see if there are any real differences.

Btb, the so-called rust issues with a Pils are to do with lack of hygiene and the blades left in them - of this I am utterly convinced.

Bechet45 said:
over5feet said:
Bechet45 said:

I'd love to do a comparative shave with them - see if there are any real differences.

Btb, the so-called rust issues with a Pils are to do with lack of hygiene and the blades left in them - of this I am utterly convinced.
That's cool I am such a tart about hygiene, my clean down after my shave is nearly as long as my pre prep I also only use the blade once so that would never happen with me.
So after a few days of shaving with just the plisskon I am very happy, I let the razors weight do the work and I am so happy with the out come, I may use this during the week and now straight shave just at weekends ( but its early days yet)

Back
Top Bottom