Piston Pen Storage

I know I can always count on you chaps for sound advice.

I have a Lamy 2000 which I've been using for a couple of months. The piston is now nigh on empty of ink through use and I'm going to use a different pen now. What's the best method of prepping the Lamy for storage? Flush the piston a couple of times with water? Just leave it with any residual ink in there? Advice is gratefully received.

I know I can always count on you chaps for sound advice.

I have a Lamy 2000 which I've been using for a couple of months. The piston is now nigh on empty of ink through use and I'm going to use a different pen now. What's the best method of prepping the Lamy for storage? Flush the piston a couple of times with water? Just leave it with any residual ink in there? Advice is gratefully received.
As above, clean and dry, it's not worth the hassle of leaving residual ink in pens that are not going to be used for a while, it will only dry up and be a bigger cleaning job, inks are cheap enough to not worry about losing some down the plug hole! :)

Paul.

Serious pen owners do the following: One cup of slightly warm water. Add one drop of washing-up detergent and one drop of ammonia. Fill pen several times, flushing it not back into the cup -otherwise you won't see when it's running clear. When it looks clear, fill one more time and leave for a while - perhaps a half hour. Then flush it. If it is clear then job done. If not then do it again. End by flushing several times with clean water, then leave to dry. I use a dish placed on a radiator.
The flush and leave is because some dried ink remnant needs time to loosen.
Ammonia. I tried to buy from the local chemist, but was refused since it is used to make crack. So I bought it from your friend and mine - Amazon. It's called Kleen Off. 500ml.

Serious pen owners do the following: One cup of slightly warm water. Add one drop of washing-up detergent and one drop of ammonia. Fill pen several times, flushing it not back into the cup -otherwise you won't see when it's running clear. When it looks clear, fill one more time and leave for a while - perhaps a half hour. Then flush it. If it is clear then job done. If not then do it again. End by flushing several times with clean water, then leave to dry. I use a dish placed on a radiator.
The flush and leave is because some dried ink remnant needs time to loosen.
Ammonia. I tried to buy from the local chemist, but was refused since it is used to make crack. So I bought it from your friend and mine - Amazon. It's called Kleen Off. 500ml.
I was often given funny looks when buying Ammonia from chemists or hardware stores......now I know why! :)

Er, what is crack! :)

Paul.

...Er, what is crack! :)

Paul.

dGaqmTX.gif

Back
Top Bottom