Piffing etc

I can't seem to find any help/rules re 'piffing' etc :?: ( doesn't mean they're not there, but I can't find them :oops: )

Is there anythread re advice/rules how it all works please :?:

I'm dipping a toe into the pond as it were re piffing/swapping and would like to know the 'ins and outs' please :idea:

PIF-ing is basically just giving stuff away. It's short for Pay It Forward or Pass It Forward. Sometimes, the PIF-er will ask the receiver to pass it along, but that doesn't happen that much. I don't think that there are any rules as such, just behave in a Gentlemanly manner.

Ian

baz chaz said:
I can't seem to find any help/rules re 'piffing' etc :?: ( doesn't mean they're not there, but I can't find them :oops: )

Is there anythread re advice/rules how it all works please :?:

I'm dipping a toe into the pond as it were re piffing/swapping and would like to know the 'ins and outs' please :idea:

My advice to you and anyone that asks me is this:

1. You are in charge of your PIF at all times.
2. You may offer anything you like as part of the PIF (keep it decent though - nobody wants a package arriving at their door with "CONTAINS SWEDISH PENIS ENLARGER (SIZE SMALL)" on it (they might not want their postie to know they have a Swedish penis).
3. You may choose whom you PIF to (there's no way anyone can force you to post something to someone you don't feel is worthy - whether that be because they're a carpet bagger who signed up just for the PIF, a "PIF hoover" that jumps on every PIF or whatever). No issues in restricting by geography either (Royal Mail's idea of Europe might be different to yours but for sending a 100g package it's often cheaper than the equivalent inland post! - That's not the same everywhere of course)
4. You should post it once you agree to whom you're sending it (in the event of multiple takers).
5. You should expect no flak from the recipient if it's not exactly as described - remember recipients what you paid for it.
6. You should expect the recipient to acknowledge receipt.

Thank you for that, pretty new to the forum so hadn't quite got the 'ins and outs', but my inital guess wasn't far off ;)

I've PIF'd some Ogallala Bay Rum balm today :oops:

but will get it right next time now I know what I'm doing :roll:

well, maybe I might think I know what I'm doing :lol:

Just send stuff out, and get stuff back.

Sometimes via a thread, sometimes through PM's, sometimes just unannounced.

I generally try to give more than I get but keep no strict tally.

And I like to gave and get a thanks/acknowledgement, but again I'm sure it doesn't happen sometimes (and can't if the PIF is anonymous).

It's just about being kind and thoughtful and helpful and shifting stuff and keeping things moving.

What could be easier? No rules, just do it.

James_uk said:
hunnymonster said:
6. You should expect the recipient to acknowledge receipt.

Am I the only one who rarely gets to see this?I don't expect a thank you but it's nice to know it go there alright

Maybe I've just been fortunate in that only one recipient hasn't let me know of the safe arrival of the PIF. Got to say that it's one of the nice traditions of TSR which I've benefited from & am happy to enter into.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Back
Top Bottom