Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements to UK?

Tvbshaving carries PAA soaps at least; if they don't do aftershaves, you could ask them to?
Halvor do the soaps arrive, I have a notice that comes up saying all US based soaps are 'disabled' for delivery to the EU.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We're a bunch of crims! The Ministry of Certain Things puts up restrictions to us getting what we want and we immediately set about finding ways to circumvent said restrictions! What is it that the Ministry has against soap and after-shave?

Oh yeah! face eating soap and exploding after-shave - they protect us from ourselves, bless 'em!

We're a bunch of crims! The Ministry of Certain Things puts up restrictions to us getting what we want and we immediately set about finding ways to circumvent said restrictions! What is it that the Ministry has against soap and after-shave?

Oh yeah! face eating soap and exploding after-shave - they protect us from ourselves, bless 'em!

Were smugglers of the scent, riders of the storm, castrators of customs!

Is there really a restriction? There's nothing stopping you, as an individual, importing x for your own use beyond the cost and effort of importing. Supporting a business that profits from circumventing the 'Ministry of Certain Things' for you is more problematic, but that's old ground.

I quite fancy treating myself to some Stirling Spice soap to fit into an Old Spice mug. I'll buy from Rod's website and happily pay the import duty. Less keen on the handling charge, but there we go. Those costs are quite rightly factored into the decision to import and so, if I don't think that the value is there, I shrug my shoulders and seek an alternative...

Until TTIP (or similar bilateral agreement) is forced through, anyway.

Halvor do the soaps arrive, I have a notice that comes up saying all US based soaps are 'disabled' for delivery to the EU.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We're not EU ... This issue here is one of the few perks of being outside. So I haven't experienced any problems, no. I have the same import issue with the EU as you do with the USA, though. We have a VAT threshold when buying from abroad at NOK 350 (ca 40 USD or 29 GBP) in product and shipping combined. Anything below gets straight to me at no add'l cost; if above, customs impose 25% VAT plus a handling fee of ca 8 GBP I believe. I try to stay below, for obvious reasons.

I've ordered aftershave from Italian Barber too, it arrived with no problems. I imagine most of them are fine, but it's at your own risk if you order and it arrives broken or the customs mob steal it.

Seems daft that you can't send a bottle of aftershave via air mail, yet you can buy it duty free on the plane along with bottles of spirits.

I've ordered aftershave from Italian Barber too, it arrived with no problems. I imagine most of them are fine, but it's at your own risk if you order and it arrives broken or the customs mob steal it.

Seems daft that you can't send a bottle of aftershave via air mail, yet you can buy it duty free on the plane along with bottles of spirits.
or that you can take a lighter on board as hand luggage but not matches.

Back
Top Bottom