Phoenix and Beau: Vegan soap testers wanted

In the minor exposure I've had to it I've found it's super-slick and does a great job. It's hard to fully scrutinise without a scent as you never know quite how it'll turn out, but I'd imagine the scents will be able to stay truer to their nature as the base features very little scent itself. I've found that playing around with DIY shaving soap myself, the stearic acid/coconut oil type combos are very scent-light.

I've found mine doesn't take quite as much water as P&B's tallow formulations, though that's not to say it doesn't take much water full-stop. It does, and that is evident. It has a good post-shave feel, not overly sticky/oily etc. and certainly not too drying.

All up, I'll be interested to know what sort of scents are being brought to the table as that's the only thing which will sway my spending over the tallow-featuring variants.

Good work @phoenixandbeau!
This base has no coconut oil in it at all...and olfactory sense is definitely a subjective one as the sample I received had a pronounce scent even tho unscented.

This base has no coconut oil in it at all...and olfactory sense is definitely a subjective one as the sample I received had a pronounce scent even tho unscented.
Sorry, I mean to say that these types of soap are scent light, rather than specifically this containing coconut oil. My fault, I didn't word that too well... :)

Lol I thought wow are there multiple formulas being trailed lol. Can I ask how you're storing your sample?
I have it pressed into a small plastic lid, so completely exposed to the elements. It's, so far, shown absolutely no degradation and keeps it plenty dry between uses so ticks enough boxes for me. It doesn't make it all that easy to load, but you can't have everything I guess! :D

I have it pressed into a small plastic lid, so completely exposed to the elements. It's, so far, shown absolutely no degradation and keeps it plenty dry between uses so ticks enough boxes for me. It doesn't make it all that easy to load, but you can't have everything I guess! :D

That's exactly what I did! Great to keep the soap dry but not the best idea for loading the soap!

Thanks for the info about scents @phoenixandbeau. Is the release date yet to be confirmed?

Evening all,

For those who might be interested I'm doing a live shave on our YouTube channel at 7pm today. In it I'll be introducing the vegan soap, talking a little about its properties and then having a shave with it.

Should you wish to pop in and add your comments, that'd be great!

You can find me here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7PQ-zg88TJDNxZrpwngPbg

Very best regards,

Kerry.

Just watched the video - good stuff, keep it up. Was good to hear some of your thoughts and rationale behind the new soap. I'm sold on it, think the test sample has been excellent - I've already posted my views. I'd be keen to see a puck in a box, leaving me to put it in whatever suits me. I find the small tubs are more difficult to load in. Whenever I get a small puck (e.g. haslinger size), I put it in a larger tub like you sell your tallow soaps in. Always nice if there is a sticker that peels off and can be reattached to another container. I've found the small OSP tub labels are great at that - I can move the small soap + sticker to a larger tub. Personally, not keen on soap sticks.

Back
Top Bottom