Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

Mine also arrived today. At first aid I thought Noooo! Kind of reminded me of lemon bathroom bleach. Second sniff was more soft mint, similar to RR Fresco and no lemon?! Looking forward to putting it to face this evening. I like the message/challenge, 'is it gold enough? ' :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mine also arrived today. At first aid I thought Noooo! Kind of reminded me of lemon bathroom bleach. Second sniff was more soft mint, similar to RR Fresco and no lemon?! Looking forward to putting it to face this evening. I like the message/challenge, 'is it gold enough? ' :)

Crumbs, lemon bathroom bleach?! Well there's definitely no lemon or bleach in the soap.. [emoji16] Only menthol, camphor, eucalyptus and peppermint [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Crumbs, lemon bathroom bleach?! Well there's definitely no lemon or bleach in the soap.. [emoji16] Only menthol, camphor, eucalyptus and peppermint [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Really strange I know, not cleaned anything, either way no lemon now just a soft mint scent which is quite nice :)

Mine has arrived today Thanks. First impressions. Coooooooollll. Lovely smell. Can't wait to lather it up. I think it'll be really refreshing. 'Cold enough?' I'd say it's colder than a Fox's glacier bears naughty bits.

Just tried my Denali. Whipped up a decent bowl full with the shavemac and proceeded to slap it on the old boat race. Nice and slick with a decent cushion but I thought where's the freeze then. Slapped on another coat for the second pass and then noticed the coolness creeping in. The final pass and now I see what Kerry was alluding to, my face was actually feeling cold. Thanks for the sample and I'll definitely be buying some.

Just tried my Denali too. Great slickness and cushion. Good menthol scent (definitely no lemon) but could definitely be colder. I would say it was cooling on par with Proraso green. Does adding more menthol diminish cushion?

I like a good menthol shave, so very interested to see the feedback on this. I wouldn't consider proraso a particularly cold soap, especially compared with chiseled face cryogen (which did literally make me cry) or Queen Charlotte iced key lime. Will there be any plans to make it colder?

Hi guys

I just used the soap and I have to say I like it! :)

For reasons I can't explain I have not used a menthol soap before so I was very interested to try it, but a little concerned that it would prove too "strong" and make my skin react.

I lathered it up, and created a nice looking lather easily and applied. Once on my skin I was a little surprised that there wasn't an instant chill, or reaction, but a nice "slow burn" to the menthol effect. As others have said I definately felt the cooling effect more on each pass and i guess this makes sense as we attack our skin with blades and expose new skin layers they will be more sensitive to the ingredients. In short by the end of the shave I had nice tingly cheeks and a lovely aroma and I was very happy with the soap.

So, could it go colder...... Reading others comments I guess the answer is yes, BUT, I get the impression that the menthol fanboys will always be looking for the most extreme menthol they can find. I on the other hand like it very much as it is, and I'm not sure I would like anything extreme. I am not a soap seller, but suspect as with most things the more extreme you go the less sales you would get. If I were @phoenixandbeau I might roll out something along the lines of this tester, maybe a snootch (technical term) stronger, and then add an occasional LE to blow people's heads off!

Will try again and report back again soon, but initial report is a thumbs up from me. I would buy it.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom