Personna Gem blades

I've treated myself to some Gem blades from Connaught, for use in my Ever-Ready "Natural Angle". These are stainless, coated and with an aluminium spine.

The original Ever-Ready blades, which were not stainless, and rather prone to rusting (even in the wrappers), nonetheless seemed to be quite durable, for about 4 or 5 shaves.

Apart from the usual places which I have trouble over, whatever the razor or blade, I find that I get a really smooth 2-pass shave with the Gem blade. How long will this last before a blade change?

Obviously, with the YMMV caveat, I'd be interested to know what sort of life/use other Ever-Ready users manage to get out of the new Gems.

Thanks, both.

That gives me a good idea of what to expect. I bought 100, so should be OK for a while. Just as well, as I'll need some of those super-expensive Feather/Kai blades for my new Mongoose when it eventually arrives.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoy using SE razors, having spent so much time recently on the DE "Dark Side".

Same with me mate, i bought hundred, should last a couple of years! I too have been using my SE razors almost exclusively now, love the ever readys. Just got a durham duplex, that should be an interesting shave.

It turns out I can get about 3, possibly 4, days worth from one blade before I can feel it's losing the edge.

This fits in with my DE blade use, where I normally change both blade and razor every three days.

3 - 4 times at most. I just feel uncomfortable using it longer and wonder if I am using a blade which is past it. I am now thinking that I should just use a blade 3 times and bin it.

Ferrum said:
I've treated myself to some Gem blades from Connaught, for use in my Ever-Ready "Natural Angle". These are stainless, coated and with an aluminium spine.

The original Ever-Ready blades, which were not stainless, and rather prone to rusting (even in the wrappers), nonetheless seemed to be quite durable, for about 4 or 5 shaves.

Apart from the usual places which I have trouble over, whatever the razor or blade, I find that I get a really smooth 2-pass shave with the Gem blade. How long will this last before a blade change?

Obviously, with the YMMV caveat, I'd be interested to know what sort of life/use other Ever-Ready users manage to get out of the new Gems.
[/quote
Though a newcomer to SE, Started of off on 1912 got up to 6 shaves out of Gem.
Similar on 1924 & Flying Wing.
With Streamline and now the !914 , 4 max seems about right for me .

Back
Top Bottom