Penhaligons, where to buy cheaply?

Ids

I'm after getting some Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet and/or some endymon, direct your looking at £80 a 100ml bottle or via ebay £30 - £40 a bottle.

I'm a little nervous buying off ebay in case it's fake, has anybody bought it from ebay before or recommend a cheaper online alternative than direct?

The Penhaligons outlet stores are what you're looking for. Contact details are on the Penhaligons website. Give them a ring they are very helpful.

You won't get the original box, but I had a significant order from there at Christmas and they wrapped them all up in gift paper and boxed them all up in the fancy hat boxes they have.

Thanks i'll give them a try tomorrow, been wearing the Endymon today and it didn't seem to last too long on me, I'm quite tempted to give the Sartorial a try along with the Blenheim

I rang the 2 outlet stores today and they couldn't of been more different, the bicester store lady seemed uninterested and said they have no offers where the York lady (who sounded genuinely enthusiastic) gave the following offers/prices:

any 2 100ml bottles of edt for £60
any single 100ml bottle £37.50
any 100ml edt plus matching shower gel for £45
500ml Blenheim Bouquet (Vinny edition) £75
100ml Blenheim Bouquet splash £28.99
100ml Blenheim Bouquet AS Splash £25.00

Postage £7.50

She also said they were hoping to get Sartorial and Zizonia in, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

She said she had everything except sartorial because being an outlet they have to wait 12 - 18 months before they are allowed to stock a fragrance. And I guess they dont usually have the anthology collection because she was quite excited about maybe getting zizonia in.

I need to get Penhaligons samples really because I've only smelt a couple but I've like all of them so far.

I'm a sucker for Penhaligons products. I usually keep stocked up on endymion, opus, quercus and elixir along with their associated shaving cream, asb, bath oils and shower gels. Usually from the York store.

I've tried sartorial, didn't like it.

Eau de Verveine is very nice, I've always paid full price as they rarely have the anthology range at the outlet stores.

I really want to try Juniper Sling

Oh, and English Fern is nice to.

I've not actually tried the sartorial yet but I'm waiting for a sample, Juniper Sling is very much on my hit list.

How do the Opus and endymion compare to each other? and am I correct in thinking they don't have the bows on them from the outlet store?

I received an email from the York store today with a Valentine's day special offer.

LP No 9 for Men and LP No 9 for Ladies
£37.50 each or two for £50

Exclusive to the York store. You can get the offer on mail order by giving them a ring on.

cubert said:
I'm a sucker for Penhaligons products. I usually keep stocked up on endymion, opus, quercus and elixir a

Snap.. sounds like the musings of a stand up chap to me ;)

The first three in particular are huge favourites of mine. Are you able to comment on the longevity of Quercus? I know the opus and Endymion last ages on my skin, but the light citrus notes of the Quercus i was less sure about and have only had a sample size to deal with.

What is interesting though, is that IMHO quercus makes a perfect match for TOBS Eton College aftershave, and is more enjoyable than TOBS own matching cologne.

cubert said:
I've tried sartorial, didn't like it.

You and I both, I hated it.

cubert said:
I really want to try Juniper Sling

I tried it in Selfridges just before Christmas, it does smell exactly like a nice quality gin without the boozy angle. It has all the same botanicals according to the sales lady. Very pleasant actually.
No way was I paying Selfridges prices though, full retail is all they do.

I have had samples of Sartorial and Juniper Sling, Sartorial was ok for me but Juniper was fantastic, although at £110 a bottle I'll wait for it to appear in the outlet store. I'm off to the York store next week so I'll have a look at what's physically there, I'll be getting a 500ml of BB if it's in stock though, a £15 per 100ml it's almost giving it away.

Ids said:
I've not actually tried the sartorial yet but I'm waiting for a sample, Juniper Sling is very much on my hit list.

How do the Opus and endymion compare to each other? and am I correct in thinking they don't have the bows on them from the outlet store?

I find opus a crisp pepper, cedar, rosey spicy scent, sharp and dry, where as endymion is like sex juice in a bottle, smooth and soft.

shrink said:
cubert said:
I'm a sucker for Penhaligons products. I usually keep stocked up on endymion, opus, quercus and elixir a

Snap.. sounds like the musings of a stand up chap to me ;)

The first three in particular are huge favourites of mine. Are you able to comment on the longevity of Quercus? I know the opus and Endymion last ages on my skin, but the light citrus notes of the Quercus i was less sure about and have only had a sample size to deal with.

What is interesting though, is that IMHO quercus makes a perfect match for TOBS Eton College aftershave, and is more enjoyable than TOBS own matching cologne.

I find the initial blast citrusy coolness of quercus to be quite short, but what it leaves is very nice, almost warm and fruity, and on me lasts a while. No concerns there.

unbelievable.. phoned today.. both stores.. got two absolutely lovely girls that were most helpful.

However....

neither had the two fragances I wanted. Both Endymion and Quercus were out of stock

oh well :(

Back
Top Bottom