Penhaligons sale

A few shave related items included in the Penhaligons summer sale

http://www.penhaligons.com/sale/

English Fern shaving soap for £9 (down from £22) and Opus 1870 aftershave down to £15 from £29 the highlights.

Just tried it. Lather was ok but went dry on the skin quirt quick. But I'm away from home with a chappy Wilkinson cheapo brush.
I know it's not tallow but was good for a tenner but glad I didn't pay 22

Most of you probably already know but if not avoid the shaving soap even at that price. I've tried it again with even worse results. The lather lasted a whole 3 seconds before it disappeared. You can buy a stick of Erasmic for 50p if you want that kind of performance.

Too late, if it's as bad as you say I have at the very least an expensive hand soap.

Actually if it really is that bad I might send it back to Pen's HQ and say it's not fit for purpose.

barlines said:
FrankieG said:
Does anyone know if the sale is online only or in-store too?

I'm hoping in-store as well as I'm about to go into town :angel:

It is in-store as well. Currently smelling of Juniper sling which isn't in the sale but would have been rude not to get a squirt of :angel:

Lb1 said:
Most of you probably already know but if not avoid the shaving soap even at that price. I've tried it again with even worse results. The lather lasted a whole 3 seconds before it disappeared. You can buy a stick of Erasmic for 50p if you want that kind of performance.

Is the soap inscribed with 'PENHALIGONS' or with 'English Fern' - rumour is these are at least two different formulations, the especially poor one is supposed to have 'PENHALiGONS' enscribed into it, be very useful if you cold confirm which one you have.

It says 'English Fern' on it. I read elsewhere (after I'd bought it d'oh) that the ones in the bowls are the latest and better formulation whereas the pucks are the old crap formulation.

barlines said:
barlines said:
FrankieG said:
Does anyone know if the sale is online only or in-store too?

I'm hoping in-store as well as I'm about to go into town :angel:

It is in-store as well. Currently smelling of Juniper sling which isn't in the sale but would have been rude not to get a squirt of :angel:

Lb1 said:

Is the soap inscribed with 'PENHALIGONS' or with 'English Fern' - rumour is these are at least two different formulations, the especially poor one is supposed to have 'PENHALiGONS' enscribed into it, be very useful if you cold confirm which one you have.

Received a puck of the Blenheim bouquet today. This one is the newest formulation and is a very good performer (just done a test lather and it didn't disappear). The pucks are white with no imprint of any writing. Seems the English Fern may be being sold off cheap to make way for a new formulation in line with the Blenheim bouquet.

I'll be sending the EF soap back to HQ, half expected it to lather badly but to have no discernible EF scent as well is slightly taking the piss even if it was a sale item. Talc is nice though lasts longer than their fecking EDT.

Lb1 said:
Received a puck of the Blenheim bouquet today. This one is the newest formulation and is a very good performer (just done a test lather and it didn't disappear). The pucks are white with no imprint of any writing. Seems the English Fern may be being sold off cheap to make way for a new formulation in line with the Blenheim bouquet.

Was this a refill?

Back
Top Bottom