Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

Herbert1804 said:
How the hell did you get lather like that in the photo?! I never get lather like that! I think you're cheating and using whipped cream.

Maybe try a little more soap/cream and a less wet brush to start with. Add water as needed. See if that helps.

I think that pic must be fake though. Man, it looks pretty damn good and a brand I have never heard of.

A little cheating for photo.

Soap was 79p believe it or not.

Whipped up in a bowl, loaded well, a little hand lather before squeezing it out of the brush and plopping back on brush for pic.

Something along these lines.

http://youtu.be/CsyfVTSoDJs

Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

Thanks Dodgy. I'll keep trying but meantime I'm off to tesco for aerosol cream. I think Daddy's on to something.
Whosthedaddy - persevere with the Merkur.

dodgy said:
dodgy said:
Hiya,

the razor is with pablo85 right now. When he's finished the new list will be:

pablo85.....done
dendass.....done
seejaysee.....done
alancrab......done
Herbert1804......done
Whosthedaddy......done
Dan552.......done
Glen Lee......done
fly3k
Celtic67
Electrif

Ok, all set Dan.

Whosthedaddy said:
Skipped the shave yesterday so first outing was on 2 days growth. Not the best or most enjoyable shave if I'm being honest. I'm confident in blaming the blade selection, should have left the Wilkinson Sword blade in the drawer.

Took me a good half dozen shaves to finally figure things out. I was about to give up actually. Still not really my style but I get the deal now anyway.

The enchanted one has landed with me :D

Looking forward to trying this one. It is exactly the same size as my current EJ but obviously with a very different head.

Will report back soon.

Quick update.

Shaved with this last night with a 7 O'clock Yellow. Was a little nervous given other reviews online stating that it had the potential to be a blood bath.
I began with zero pressure and was pleasantly surprised as it removed hair with ease and left my skin intact :)

Too early to form a true opinion but so far so good. I'll report back after my next shave.

Thanks Dodgy for the chance to try this unique razor :D

Glen_Lee said:
Hi gents, would it be possible to be added to the pass round for the slant? Been curious about this razor for a long time now!

Celtic67 said:
Could I be added to the list to try this, please? I'm curious to see how a slant compares to my little OC.

Done and done.

Back
Top Bottom