Closed Pass Around Gillette Super Adjustable discussion thread

Hi, please use this thread for discussion relation to the Pass Around Super Adjustable

I bought this razor whilst I was trying the different Gillette Adjustables, for me the Slim Adjustable has turned out to be my favourite so I am keeping that. The FatBoy has been sold and this Super Adjustable can go and be tried by others.

I'd be interested to know what others think of it.

If you want a try of this razor post in this thread and I will add you to the waiting list. Once you have tried the razor post again to let others know how you got on with it.

majortom, I have added you to the waiting list, you are next so I will get the razor posted to you - I have your address already.

Waiting list is in this thread

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-16517.html

chrisbell said:
Evening Gladys - sorry, LTB - as you probably know I love my Slim, but have never used a Super Adjustable. How would you compare the way it shaves to the Slim?

They shave very similar, I can't really notice any obvious difference. I just prefer the aesthetics of the Slim I suppose.

Lose the beard said:
chrisbell said:
Evening Gladys - sorry, LTB - as you probably know I love my Slim, but have never used a Super Adjustable. How would you compare the way it shaves to the Slim?

They shave very similar, I can't really notice any obvious difference. I just prefer the aesthetics of the Slim I suppose.

Cheers - I think I'll give it a miss, then.

chrisbell said:
I love my Slim, but have never used a Super Adjustable. How would you compare the way it shaves to the Slim?

What's doin Chris,

I get my Super outta the arsenal on rare occasions, using it for a nice change of pace thing. That head's a good fit, and yeah, the shave performance is kinda like what a Slim would give. That's not to say they shave the same.

It turns out a long handle like the Super has is pretty darn comfortable in my hand. That extra length is something I enjoy being able to take advantage of.

Balance is different between the two razors, and how the LH Super feels in the hand may take a little getting used to. The later Supers have the diamond pattern knurling, which is my favorite.

I'd say this one's at least worth seeing what's up. I know some people who like this one the most of all the adjustables, so who knows.

Martin

Oh yeah, that's a very nice pass around razor the OP came up with. Heh, you don't see those gold plated ones too often.

LTB sorry to be a pain but can you take me off the list now please? I was lucky enough to try the Fatboy very recently and was keen to see how I got on with an adjustable, which was why I asked to be added to this pass around. Hadn't realised that the Fatboy was adjustable!
Have now dropped a couple of subtle hints that I would like a Merkur Futur for Christmas to the OH. Spelt the name out for her and sent her the link to the web site, so am hoping she'll get the hint!

Id like to be on the list please , im getting a little curious about other razors ...... as im yet to be convinced theres much difference yet with the only 2 ive tried "wilkenson classic" & "jagger De89bl" !!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom