Closed Pass Around : Bonsa slant DE COMPLETE

Up for grabs on this pass around is a chance to shave with a 70+ year old plastic slant razor made by Bonsa.

image.jpeg

The slant is not extreme, but the blade gap could be considered to be quite large. When comparing it to my Futur it appears equal to that on setting 6 and therefore is not a mild razor but a very audible and efficient stubble muncher. That being said I find it quite the gentle giant and never feel it will cut and nick me, well that was until I tried a Feather blade in it (you have been warned).

I do ask for a little bit of care and attention to not to over tighten the head down due it's age but can be used with little worry of breaking it.

Usual pass around rules apply, you lose it you pay for it, clean it before passing on and be courteous and don't hog it.

Names below.

No idea, I've only seen 3 including this one, the other on the slant thread and the last being a manky bent up one on the E Bay.

This should be an interesting shave once dialed in. The weight or lack of it and the huge gap is as gentle as cvan be with short strokes. Not one to race around the face but a very efficient one none the less.

I hope you enjoy it but there are still some other bakelite slants to come in the next few weeks. The Trumpf and Fasan are little gems in my eyes and would be interesting to see if it's just me that like them as much like I like this one.

Back
Top Bottom