Closed Pass around: Black Standard Razor

I've been using the black standard razor now for my last 4 shaves it is a very nice razor to use I find it mild but effective would be a nice razor to use if you had some razor burn from previous shaves

I'll get it cleaned up and posted on shortly

I've been using the black standard razor now for my last 4 shaves it is a very nice razor to use I find it mild but effective would be a nice razor to use if you had some razor burn from previous shaves

I'll get it cleaned up and posted on shortly
Please contact @Sir_eider. He did offer to cover the extra shipping cost to Spain. Please come to some sort of arrangement.

That was a nail biting 13 day trip from the UK to Spain, but the razor is now finally with @Sir_eider

1. Whosthedaddy
  2. Stacy555
  3. p.b
  4. SeanC
  5. Kevy
  6. AndyMc133
  7. Sir_eider
  8. Shavejourneybadger
  9. Rufus Firefly
  10. flobberdob
The list is still open.

Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, it has been a really busy weekend...

I've been enjoying this razor the last three shaves. My first thoughts:

- Really stylish razor, I like the look&feel, but it doesn't seems very durable. It has lost the black plating in the four squares of the comb.
- Very loudly razor, you can hear perfectly how it shaves.
- About the shave, it is mild yet effective, but very dependant about what blade you use. I had a bad shave with irriation&nicks with a Gillette Bleue blade and other two ones good with a Lada. You must pay attention on how much pressure you add like with other light razors I had (plastic Wilkinson and bakelite Slant) but you can get a really close shave.

And that's all for now. I'll use it a few times more and will send to the next mate including some final thoughts.

Cheers!

Hi!

Today was my last use of this beautiful razor. I'll contact shortly with next mate (Shavejourneybadger) to continue the lending pool.

My final thoughts:

- Definitely the shave depends heavily on what blade you load. I got really good & close shaves with good blades (russian coated, Perma-sharp) and bad ones with others (Gillette, Shark).
- Anyway, it is easy to use and you only must be more careful applying pressure than with heavier ones.
- I liked it a lot, specially the look&feel and the handle didn't seem me slippery.
- The only con for me is that appart from cost (shipping, customs and so on) is that the coating doesn't seem very durable...

So I'll consider buying it if I find a second hand one in good state for a decent price, probably not a new one.

Many thanks to @riverrun for its nice gesture and generosity for allowing me try this razor and sorry for Spanish postal service issues...

Cheers!

Hi!

Today was my last use of this beautiful razor. I'll contact shortly with next mate (Shavejourneybadger) to continue the lending pool.

My final thoughts:

- Definitely the shave depends heavily on what blade you load. I got really good & close shaves with good blades (russian coated, Perma-sharp) and bad ones with others (Gillette, Shark).
- Anyway, it is easy to use and you only must be more careful applying pressure than with heavier ones.
- I liked it a lot, specially the look&feel and the handle didn't seem me slippery.
- The only con for me is that appart from cost (shipping, customs and so on) is that the coating doesn't seem very durable...

So I'll consider buying it if I find a second hand one in good state for a decent price, probably not a new one.

Many thanks to @riverrun for its nice gesture and generosity for allowing me try this razor and sorry for Spanish postal service issues...

Cheers!
Thanks for your thoughts.
I'm a bit worried about the coating as I have used it quite frequently and never noticed a problem.
If you or someone else later on could post a picture that would be great.
No worries about the Spanish postal system. I'm currently waiting for a razor from Spain and tracking indicates that is has been sitting at the local post office for three days, while they try and figure out what to do with a parcel :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom