Parker Variant

I love my Parker 99R but I'm thinking it's a little mild, I also have the Wilkinson Sword Classic, metal one but I find that very mild and I'm thinking of selling it, so was thinking of getting a Parker Variant as I like the style and could choose the aggressiveness, but wondering what people think

The
I love my Parker 99R but I'm thinking it's a little mild, I also have the Wilkinson Sword Classic, metal one but I find that very mild and I'm thinking of selling it, so was thinking of getting a Parker Variant as I like the style and could choose the aggressiveness, but wondering what people think
The Parker variant is a wonderful solidly built adjustable razor..The aggression settings are easy to adjust. You can easily find the best setting for you. I'm sure there are better, more expensive razors,YMMV but for the price, I would say it's absolutely worth buying It gives you a lot of flexibility with the settings so you can find what kind of aggression works best for you..Since i've had mine i have had consistantly error free shaves..Just like any other DE razor good preparation,learn your technique, and you'll be rewarded with sublime shaves...Hope this helps.

Regards. B. (y)

The

The

The Parker variant is a wonderful solidly built adjustable razor..The aggression settings are easy to adjust. You can easily find the best setting for you. I'm sure there are better, more expensive razors,YMMV but for the price, I would say it's absolutely worth buying It gives you a lot of flexibility with the settings so you can find what kind of aggression works best for you..Since i've had mine i have had consistantly error free shaves..Just like any other DE razor good preparation,learn your technique, and you'll be rewarded with sublime shaves...Hope this helps.

Regards. B. (y)

The
The Fox is correct in his assessment of the Variant. You might also consider the Merkur Progress. It's been making the rounds since 1952 (or so), and is still considered one of the best shavers on the market.

After buying a Wilkinson Sword Classic DE (metal) for head shaving, I was so bitten by the bug that I decided to upgrade, even although the WS is a good razor it seemed a bit light. The Parker Variant caught my eye during hours of browsing and I liked the idea of choosing the level of aggressiveness - I actually have a full head of hair so the stubble can be quite heavy depending on the frequency of shaving.
I've been using the Parker for a few weeks now and I'm very impressed. I've used all settings except the most aggressive and the only issues I had were with my bad technique, now much improved. I'm still experimenting with different blades, but that might be a lifetimes work given the choice available! Astra and Polsilver are leading the pack so far.
So it needs a bit of time to get to your particular preference, but its well worth it and I'm sure you would be delighted if you bought one.

Back
Top Bottom