Para Olympian Disqualified

I've been watching the swimming and a guy with 2 arms only used 1 against other full limbed swimmers won a gold medal. I wonder if while he was on the podium with his gold medal he would point to his gold medal and say I won this using one arm then pointing a his fellow full limbed athletes "......you lot.....S**T...."

:)

Hiya,

A little off topic, but screw it,

One evening every year I drive 100 miles to see something kinda unusual. It's an event that's put on by a bunch of people involved in some way with a strange disease...kind of a fundraiser.

So this is a spelling bee that anyone can participate in. Yeah, not just for kids, which makes things interesting. I'm a decent enough speller, but I wouldn't be allowed to enter even if I wanted to.

Nope, it's open to any age, BUT, there's one thing you gotta have to be eligible to play. All the participants must have Tourettes Syndrome in one form or another. Yes, it's a lively and 'enthusiastic' bunch of contestants.

It's all in good fun though. Sure, the audience laughs like crazy sometimes, but it's for a good cause and the contestants don't take it seriously.

Martin

Oh yeah.........you ever wonder where the expression "Fuckin A" comes from? There you go.

Now that I would pay to go and see.

I know you should'nt find it funny when people stammer, but at school we once had a kid who had a stammer, not too bad, he wasn't picked on because of it, we just accepted it was part of him.
One day he had to do a presentation in front of our year and it kind of started and it gradually sounded like he was doing that thing scratchers do to records. It sounded hilarious and we all cracked up laughing. And he joined in. It was funny as hell, but we all knew we should not have been laughing.

Saddest part about it is that I'm sat here struggling to remember the guys name and I can't.

To digress further, I remember from my blurred youth, the Nirvana track 'Tourettes'. Full on and fairly explosive too.

balidey said:
Now that I would pay to go and see.

I know you should'nt find it funny when people stammer, but at school we once had a kid who had a stammer, not too bad, he wasn't picked on because of it, we just accepted it was part of him.

Yeah, it's always a full house ($20 admission). The event is held in a Druid Hall building, and the auditorium seats around 700 people.

Stammering is one thing, but explosive outbursts of swearing (mixed in with spelling letters) is quite bit more interesting. Sometimes the contestants have their favorite 2-3 word phrase. You'd never think those words would go together, but sometimes they just flow. Heard some of the funniest stuff in my life at these spelling bees over the years.

Sadly, the most entertaining contestant is also the worst speller. Yep, a good looking blonde woman who would put Edward Teach to shame.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom