Para Olympian Disqualified

I met a bloke in a wheelchair today, his face was battered and bruised.
"What happened to your face?" I asked.
"I'm a Paralympian," he replied.
"Boxing?" I enquired.
"No..." he said, "... hurdles."

Watching the Paralympics has taught me so much about acceptance of other people's different abilities but also...
If they can lift more, throw further and run faster than me, how come they still get to park closer to Tesco?

balidey said:
"Boxing?" I enquired.

Watching the Paralympics has taught me so much about acceptance of other people's different abilities but also...
If they can lift more, throw further and run faster than me, how come they still get to park closer to Tesco?

Don't get me going on the parking issue, mate. Just because they can, doesn't mean to say we all can; after all, could you do 100 metres i under 10 seconds or high-jump over 1 metre 80?

Re: RE: Para Olympian Disqualified

chrisbell said:
balidey said:
"Boxing?" I enquired.

Don't get me going on the parking issue, mate. Just because they can, doesn't mean to say we all can; after all, could you do 100 metres i under 10 seconds or high-jump over 1 metre 80?

I'm with Chris here. If you want Balidey, ill swap my legs for your legs, then you will understand why disabled spaces exist, and why disabled people get annoyed when people abuse them.

On a happier note, I'm very impressed with how well our guys are doing, a truly inspirational bunch of athletes.

I never park in Disabled spaces,

although I do park in the adult with child spaces at the supermarkets when I do not have a child with me. I did have some one tell me I could not park there and I said to the do you think a responsable parent would be taking their child shopping at 1am!!!
24hrs supermarket and always in the early hours of the morning or late night.

I parked in a disabled space once at a really busy time when I was in a major hurry. When I got back to the car, a chap with one leg missing and the other amputated below the knee was struggling into his wheelchair. To see the look on his face and the disconsolate shake of his head was truly humbling. I drove home in utter shame knowing that I had parked almost without thinking, which if anything, made it worse. Never, ever again.

I ain't exactly the most PC person around and I've told the jokes in the past but these Paralympic Games have been completely awe-inspiring and if anything I've enjoyed them more than the Olympics. Some of the characters, the way they react and their stories have been totally absorbing and have changed the way I think. Its been an education too.

Chill out guys. These are jokes.
I didn't write this joke, just saw it online, thought it went well with the others so pasted it here.
Two of my children have epilepsy and I didn't get all defensive over the other jokes posted above involving epilepsy.
One of the best ways we deal with things we don't like is to make jokes about it.
If me and my family are going somewhere and there is a tight gap we need to get through and my wife says 'can you fit' she knows that I will instantly start shaking. She gets a bit annoyed if its in public, but its just a joke. The kids find it funny too.

Best look away now.....

In the Paralympics the hundred metres front crawl is not a swimming event.

Re: RE: Para Olympian Disqualified

balidey said:
In the Paralympics the hundred metres front crawl is not a swimming event.

Best joke so far. You have to have a laugh about the challenges in life.

I was going to write a long thing here, but I abandoned it as I have had a few beers tonight, needless to say I am legless again, in more ways than one ;)

I know I may not the most PC person on this forum, but what the FUCK! blind football. Now I'm all for people with disabilities competing against one another, but if I'm honest I wouldn't walk across the road to watch it, still I love the WD40 joke.

Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
I know I may not the most PC person on this forum, but what the FUCK! blind football. Now I'm all for people with disabilities competing against one another, but if I'm honest I wouldn't walk across the road to watch it, still I love the WD40 joke.

Jamie.

If we're honest, some Paralympic sports aren't really "spectator sports" in the usual sense; then again, I wouldn't cross the road to watch able-bodied footy either.

Back
Top Bottom