Palmolive soap stick - how best to use it.

My early attempts at using the stick didn't go too well. So I stuffed a couple of sticks into a bowl and used it as a conventional soap. A lot of people do this but presumably the majority use it as intended - as a stick to rub over the face then to create the lather with a brush.

I wonder why Palmolive don't make traditional shape soaps for use in a bowl. Did they ever? Does anyone know?

How do members here use the Palmolive stick?

I use it regular - I soak the brush shake and squeeze excess water. Then I load the brush on the stick - a good 30 seconds, tend to find it needs longer than my other soap so I really load it, because they are cheap don't worry about using a lot - lol. Then I use a bowl to whip up lather, never straight to face.
Not had any problems with this method - it's a very slick great soap.

I use the stick in 3 ways.

- Direct to my face
- A kind of hand bowl way (make a fist around the stick and then lather away on the stick in your fist), my Mrs dad told me about, it's how is dad used to use the stick.
- Grated into a Ikea container

It just depends on my mood really!

Like you Fido..................I pare the sticks into an old soap bowl with my pocket knife and compact the shavings into a cake with my thumbs'.....I find the stick a slippery silly thing to hold when its wet......a very impractical form for a shaving soap to take..........................I do the same with the Erasmic sticks....

My Dad always used Palmolive back in the 60's as did I when I first started shaving.....but I never remember seeing it in cake form...............Are Palmolive missing a trick here?...

Palmolive's a very underrated soap in my humble opinion.....

joe mcclaine said:
Here's the round version.

When does this date from?...any Idea?

Dipesh said:
I use the stick in 3 ways.

- Direct to my face
- A kind of hand bowl way (make a fist around the stick and then lather away on the stick in your fist), my Mrs dad told me about, it's how is dad used to use the stick.
- Grated into a Ikea container

It just depends on my mood really!

I like the sound of the 'hand bowl' Dipesh. Will have to try that myself.

I've started to use stick and disc both in the same way. I slice a sliver off of them and press it into the bottom of my shaving bowl. Then a wet brush and voila- lather! The 'mother disc or bar' stays dry and in it's own original container ---so I know what it is!

Fido said:
I'm on the case. I've emailed Colgate-Palmolive Co. asking them to consider making a soap in a bowl version of Palmolive. Not holding my breath but I'll be interested in their response.

Well done Fido...it will be interesting to see what happens....please keep us posted.

My message suggested that they should consider producing their Palmolive soap in a shape suitable for use in a bowl.

I received this reply:

"Thank you for your recent E-Mail. Your interest in our Company and products is appreciated.

Colgate-Palmolive's policy regarding the submission of any new ideas is as follows:

- We will only consider new ideas that are patented or are the subject of a pending patent application. This policy protects both you and the company.

- Only new ideas submitted in writing and delivered by government postal or recognised courier service will be reviewed.

- If you have a patent or a pending patent application for your idea, go to our website: www.colgate.com/innovations to submit your idea.

- If you sent us any information about your idea with your e-mail, we will have deleted it from our system.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope this information is helpful.

Yours sincerely

Marilena Moura Barbosa
Consumer Services Representative

A standard reply but at least it was sent! It doesn't seem to recognise that I was making a suggestion about something they may wish to consider doing.

Fido, I can't help feeling that they've got hold of the wrong end of the stick (no pun intended).

I suspect that the retail cost for such a product would encourage people to continue mashing their sticks into a bowl.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom