Pakistan v England - in Dubai?

If Pakistan cannot host the series in their own Country - why are they allowed to play on neutral ground? Just tuned in. As expected, the ground is virtually empty. No atmosphere at all.

I'll keep in touch with the score as usual, but I'll not be watching much of this stuff.

Having said that, some of the Tests played on the Sub continent don't attract large crowds.

I like to see my major sports played in packed stadiums before enthusiastic crowds.

I suppose there's always the radio.

And we have lost an early wicket.

I'm off for a swim.

:icon_neutral::icon_neutral:

It's worse than that, there are 4 wickets down now.

I suppose it's not the Pakistani cricket team's fault that the security situation is not conducive to playing tests and hosting thousands of visitors, so I support their right to play.
But I can see your point also, it would seem a bit pointless having it in Dubai unless there is some agenda with the ICC (Dubai based, natch), trying to raise the profile of the game there.

With the amount of expat workers there (from the Indian subcontinent and England) I thought there would be more interest but I guess it's been priced out of the reach of many.

What annoys me as much is that people can't pronounce Dubai. The man on Radio 2 kees saying "Jew-bye". There's no J you plank, it's phonetically Du-bye. With a D.

I think I've settled into my grumpy old man stage on these things. Since I respect freedom of choice I cannot complain with any rational justification. I'll stick to the radio - but I suspect I'll turn on the TV if any close finishes are in prospect.

This one might be over quickly - another one gone.

Tempting providence, kiss of death, call it what you will. I knew we were in trouble when Geoffrey Boycott said last night he was certain England would win - he'd bet his house on it. I hope he didn't!

Back
Top Bottom