Packaging

Off topic or not, the OSP Bay Rum soap is something special indeed and one of my favourites, along with the wonderful Lavender soap amongst others.
I'm sure James will come up with a solution that will work for us and still be viable for his business.
:) P.

Definitely. OSP Bay Rum is a top tier soap for me. I'm quite happy with OSP and Barrister & Mann, with a bit of Tabac for variety.

James - definitely do what will work for you. I don't think you will lose business from doing what you need to do to make it a viable proposition, within reason. The bars are something I haven't seen, and will automatically gain you some free advertising due to forum chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The thing I love about the 70g creams I have is how compact the packaging is, in comparison to the 140g soaps.

I wouldn't dream of taking a soap away in a toilet bag for the weekend, whereas the cream is doable

I understand that you leave room for the brush to lather in the soaps, whereas you state not to put a wet brush in the creams, so scoop onto face, brush or into lathering bowl.

If your production line equipment is set up for 140g, is it poss to put a divider in the slab mould to do 2 x 70g? Or, even 2 x 60g, with the bit that connects them being trimmed off to make samples? Maybe 2 x 10g or 1 x 20g

Cheers

John

Reactions: OSP
Wonderful idea to save postage costs. I've recently bought a few things on Ebay which have arrived in a slim cardboard box, letter box friendly and at large letter rate, stops me being ripped off by Royal Mail - best of luck with it...

slim box LoRes.jpg

FWIW, I think the original idea is genius.
It keeps everyone happy.
Should you want a labeled tub, you can buy one & pay £3 to have it posted or you can have a pouch refill, whatever floats your boat.

The refill idea works for those that want a smaller puck too, if you want to use the soap in 70g increments, snap half off & accept that you have to buy them in multiples of 2. And if you don't want to use the remaining 70g, sell it on BST, guess what, post will be £1!

Mystic waters sell their soaps as soap & if you want a pot they will sell you one, same with Haslinger (we don't get the option in the UK, go to their factory shop & the transparent pot is a chargeable extra)

Its a yes please from me.

Scent samples is another top idea, even if it was only a pass-around made available for a new introduced scent.

Thanks for the input.

This is an ongoing project of mine. Clearly, I am never going to come up with a solution that fits 100% but i am considering all options.

Its also going to take a while. Don't want to rush into anything!

Thank again.

Back
Top Bottom