Ozzy: Mama, I Ain't Coming Home!

I worked with Ozzy on a good few occasions when i was in Security & i have to say he was class,
A Gentleman probably not a word he heard often.
in actually fact it was an Ozzy gig that made me leave that industry,
Nothing to do with Ozzy it was just a coincidence

You've met and worked with Ozzy?

Wow, he's one of my heroes. I'm a huge Black Sabbath etc fan.

So assuming the midget monk was a living being, and not a piece of monastic plastic, but did not die as a result of being used as decor at a Sabbath gig, he was indeed hung yet not quite hanged. I bet he is careful about the correct usage since then!!

Hung is a perfectly good word to use as the past tense of "to hang". Somebody strung up by the neck is still hanged, regardless of common mis-use of "hung". Both forms are not acceptable. It's "hanged". Hanged or "hung by the neck".

Likewise, overtaking on the inside lane of a motorway is not "undertaking" regardless of how many people mis-use that term. It's "overtaking on the inside". Preparing corpses for burial while driving a car on the motorway is not clever!

Merrian-Webster? Wonky "English" Dictionary. Remember ... look up the word "fanny". My dictionary has a remarkably different definition to yours, I wager Sir!

So, if I as a yank, were to meet a comely English woman and "overtook her Motorways on the outside & inside" and converted them into a U.S. 4 lane interstate replete with rest areas would you call me hung or her hanged? :unsure:

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom