Oscar Pistorius to join Arsenal!!

When Oscar Pistorius said he wanted to be just like able bodied athletes, who knew he meant OJ Simpson?

Big.Dave said:
Arsene Wenger might be looking to Oscar Pistorius in the summer transfer window as a report claimed he had more shots on target in 9 seconds then Arsenal did in 90 minutes against Bayern Munich!!

Oscar Pistorius has murdered his girlfriend.

Proof that even a man with no legs has a better shot than Fernando Torres.

I think he might get brought in "diminished responsibility". Everybody knows he was legless at the time.

We'll see if the jury think he has a leg to stand on, anyway.

I just like winding Chris up but it looks like Oscar has found himself a new Olympic event in the shooting...wait a minute, if he develops some carbon tripod legs that ain't fair.

His mate was chatting with him and said if he'd taken a tin of boot polish and blacked her up then he would have gotten away with it for sure. Then he realised that was in rather bad taste..........what would he be doing with a tin of boot polish.......

antdad said:
I just like winding Chris up but it looks like Oscar has found himself a new Olympic event in the shooting...wait a minute, if he develops some carbon tripod legs that ain't fair.

Disabled jokes don't bother me - some of these have been quite funny. What does disappoint me, however, is joking about murder, especially given that it was a form of domestic violence against a woman. I used to think this place had a bit more decency than to find domestic violence funny.:mad::icon_surprised::icon_mad:

hunnymonster said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-21668528

Fill your boots Chris... It's got it all - alcohol, allegations of infidelity, domestic violence and singing gypsies (may have made that last bit up)

Justice was done - domestic violence had taken-place, investigations had to take-place but previous behaviour and circumstance meant that no prosecution resulted. I know that I'm regarded as being a "soft touch", or perhaps insufficiently macho for the B&B types around here (thankfully we're not as bad as Guns & Ammo, though knife fetishization has appeared hereabouts in the past few months), but, if I'm the only member able to differentiate between an old woman pouring a can of cheap cider over her husbands' head and giving him a slap around the chops (which I'm not condoning, BTW), and a gun-obsessed international sporting icon pumping his girlfriend full of lead, then the person who needs to have a rethink ain't me.

Just because I find violence against women abhorrent does not make me any less of a man, just as Pistorius's lack of natural legs doesn't make him less of a man. What, IMO, may make him less of a man is if (and I stress "if") he shot his girlfriend knowingly, whether in a rage or cold-bloodedly because he felt she deserved punishment. Let's consider one of the things we tend to claim sets us apart from B&B - they make a song and dance of being "Gentlemen", while we just are. I notice that many of those members whom I respect the most, such as Bechet, who, while I sometimes disagree with him, is a gent), SirPrize, Gairdner, Sunburyboy etc., have refrained from posting jokes relating to the shooting. Maybe I'm the strange one - maybe the fact that I'm physically vulnerable myself means that I can't contemplate beating someone up who would have been no physical threat to me had I been able-bodied. Perhaps, had I been able-bodied, I might have been pissing myself over the sheer comic value of a woman getting blown into eternity, Heaven, Valhalla or whatever you prefer by an angry, aggressive, gun-toting boyfriend (allegedly). Fact is, I'm not. If that's unwelcome, ban me.

No - but if you come into the part of the site that is specifically marked out as NSFW (Not safe for work) and is more "anything goes" than the rest of the site, don't be surprised if there are things in there that offend.

To me the test of offence and misogyny (or indeed misandry) is to turn it around... if the roles were reversed would we still be making puns & wisecracks about it? Absolutely. Right now we don't know if it was domestic violence or whether he knew - only those present know the truth (and one of them can't tell her story).

Back
Top Bottom