Only two soaps.

The ingredients lists are identical but Kent describe their soap as; "A fine fougere fragrance based around Patchouli, enhanced with extracts of Lavender, Pine and Clove on a spicy base of Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla and Musk"
That's not how I (or Mitchells) would describe MWF.

Have you tried both? Is it the same soap with a different scent or are Kent being a bit "artistic" with their description?
I've used both and, as far as I could tell, they were the same and had the same scent. Unfortunately they didn't agree with my skin and therefore it has been a couple of years since I used them. Perhaps someone could confirm that the current formulation is still the same?

I've used both and, as far as I could tell, they were the same and had the same scent. Unfortunately they didn't agree with my skin and therefore it has been a couple of years since I used them. Perhaps someone could confirm that the current formulation is still the same?
Maybe the all encompassing word "parfum" in the ingredients lists is the difference, I can get soap and vanilla in the MWF but nothing else.

My new best friend seems to be Cella. It ticks all the right boxes and offers a lot of bang for the buck. Tabac is not far behind. As regard guilty pleasure, any of the Jabonman soaps do fine.

It might be Tabac for the daily, although, the Palmolive Stick got a run out this morning (it was raining around my way, so the mood was right), and I continued to be annoyed by how well this thing performs. I disliked this soap with quite a passion, and it's just a pain in the proverbial to find myself coming back round to it.

I would have thought that OSP Neroli may fill the luxury slot, but at the moment, P&B Albion is playing a fine array of shots. Very hard not to pick him.

As it stands for me, currently;

• Warm days: P&B Denali
  • Cold days: P&B Sankrit...
If I had to have one soap for both, it would probably be Fine Platinum, but that's just muddying the water. Too much choice, too little time...

I haven't tried the Kent, how does it compare?
Is it actually cheaper? Shave Lounge has MWF for £6.95 shipped.

They are exactly the same, Bluebeards Revenge also sell it (repackaged, of course!) I've seen the Kent branded refill pucks as low as £4.99 each.

Last edited:
Daily
il_570xN.897387435_ivm5.jpg

Weekends
c7662cfd8c7e379aef0414cef51baea3.jpg

Hold up... are mwf and kent the same product?

Just on this MWF/Kent point, there's so much debate online about it being hard to lather.

I bought a refill of the Kent as a result of reading this thread. Wet the soap, waited 2 mins, got stuck in with my Omega 48 board brush with London water and the thing turned into a great lather monster tsunami. Day 2 was even better.

So, that ends the debate as far as I am concerned (YMMNV - "Your mileage may not vary")

Back
Top Bottom