One blade

It still works out to be 42p per blade that's if you buy 240 which will cost just over £100.00 divided by three shaves although the manufacturer says one blade one shave that's still 14p per shave and that's if you spend 100 squid on a blade re stock!

Yeah, your math is pretty solid. I calculated it to be about 13p/shave which I'm perfectly happy with considering how much I like the razor. Is it THE most cost efficient razor around? No, for that I'd probably have to get into SR's :)

While I'm being provoked:
If you want a razor that
- looks good
- is well designed
- takes just one kind of non-DE blades
- costing 42p per shave
- with a great pivoting head
- giving you exceptional shaves
- costs $299
get a OneBlade
If you want all of the above and save almost $299 get...
A Gillette Fusion Flexball :p

Yeah, your math is pretty solid. I calculated it to be about 13p/shave which I'm perfectly happy with considering how much I like the razor. Is it THE most cost efficient razor around? No, for that I'd probably have to get into SR's :)
But the whole idea behind the one balde if I've got it right was for the optmum shave you are supposed to change the blade every shave, that's what one blade dictate, one blade one shave ,that was the whole idea . So if used as it should be used the cheapest you can buy the blade for is 42p ,that's 42p per shave, now if you decide to ignore the manufacturers instructions and squeeze 3 shaves from the one use blade then yes you can get the price per shave down to 14p per shave. You are perfectly happy to pay that and to fork out £100.08 to re stock on blades and I'm sure I would be too could I afford to do so but to be honest if I was to buy the One blade I would use it as instructed, one blade one shave, I may be able to get more than my two shaves from my DE blade but I choose not to because I want an optimum shave .
Don't get me wrong , it is a good razor if you can afford to use it in the manner it was designed to be used but if you have to squeeze an extra two shaves from the blade some may say you can not afford to use it .
i know I could not afford a 42p shave every day and it can not get my face any smoother than my 3.5p blade can because my face is absolutely BBS with zero irritation, and I do mean absolutely BBS.
If I have made a mistake in my understanding of what " one blade " is all about then I apolagise in advance but I did look in to it when I first became aware of the new wonder razor with pivoting head and one blade one shave ethos.

But the whole idea behind the one balde if I've got it right was for the optmum shave you are supposed to change the blade every shave, that's what one blade dictate, one blade one shave ,that was the whole idea . So if used as it should be used the cheapest you can buy the blade for is 42p ,that's 42p per shave, now if you decide to ignore the manufacturers instructions and squeeze 3 shaves from the one use blade then yes you can get the price per shave down to 14p per shave. You are perfectly happy to pay that and to fork out £100.08 to re stock on blades and I'm sure I would be too could I afford to do so but to be honest if I was to buy the One blade I would use it as instructed, one blade one shave, I may be able to get more than my two shaves from my DE blade but I choose not to because I want an optimum shave .
Don't get me wrong , it is a good razor if you can afford to use it in the manner it was designed to be used but if you have to squeeze an extra two shaves from the blade some may say you can not afford to use it .
i know I could not afford a 42p shave every day and it can not get my face any smoother than my 3.5p blade can because my face is absolutely BBS with zero irritation, and I do mean absolutely BBS.
If I have made a mistake in my understanding of what " one blade " is all about then I apolagise in advance but I did look in to it when I first became aware of the new wonder razor with pivoting head and one blade one shave ethos.

But the whole idea behind the one balde if I've got it right was for the optmum shave you are supposed to change the blade every shave, that's what one blade dictate, one blade one shave ,that was the whole idea

Pretty sure that was just marketing in an attempt to sell more blades to well-heeled customers :)
In reality you can get more shaves out of a blade than that (unless you're one of those that faff around and need four passes/shave :D).

In the end we all go for what works for us and hopefully have both good and bad experiences so that we can feel confident in what we end up with.

I really love the OneBlade BUT if it was my only..or even my main razor the blade cost might well get to me after a while (luckily I landed a large lot recently that was sold by an individual and paid regular DE blade prices for them) but since I hop from razor to razor the OneBlade gets used, maybe, once or twice a month.

This morning it was a vintage Wilkinson Profile cartridge razor and I loved it. :)

Im pretty sure these blades must last a few shaves though? Why would they be any different from normal DE blades? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I may reply to your question.....The "one blade " blade has one cutting edge a DE blade has two cutting edges so stands a chance that the DE blade will last longer, no? About twice as long.

Pretty sure that was just marketing in an attempt to sell more blades to well-heeled customers :)
In reality you can get more shaves out of a blade than that (unless you're one of those that faff around and need four passes/shave :D).

In the end we all go for what works for us and hopefully have both good and bad experiences so that we can feel confident in what we end up with.

I really love the OneBlade BUT if it was my only..or even my main razor the blade cost might well get to me after a while (luckily I landed a large lot recently that was sold by an individual and paid regular DE blade prices for them) but since I hop from razor to razor the OneBlade gets used, maybe, once or twice a month.

This morning it was a vintage Wilkinson Profile cartridge razor and I loved it. :)
I do agree with you in the fact that this razor was aimed at the well heeled gentleman and he was told it would be the only razor he would ever need and to acheve the perfect shave one would have to change the blade before every shave or at least get your butler to do it for you.
So I can see if you are using it as part of a large rotation of, was it 200 razors? Then yes it may well be more affordable,
As to the longevity of the blades I'm not sure I would want to take the chance and pay out for a very expensive razor only to find that I could only manage to get two shaves from one blade because I faffed about too much or went for a forth pass for perfection so unless someone loans me such a razor so I can prove to myself that it could be affordable it will remain out of my reach.

Well done on getting that large lot of blades at DE prices, very lucky indeed , that would make using this razor affordable but most of us would have to pay £100 for 240 blades. It is unfortunately not an every man razor but then it was never supposed to be was it?

One day I may purchase such a razor because there is no doubt that it is very good but I think the blades would have to come down to a more realistic level and I could use it properly ie one blade one shave but I fear this will not happen because it is not aimed at the common man it is as you said aimed at the well heeled gent who wants a statement razor, something us lesser mortals could not afford to use every day in the maner it was designed to be used.

I'm pleased you are happy with your razor, I am pleased you are able to get so many shaves out of that blade, I have no axe to grind in regard to you or your razor I was simply airing my thoughts about its propper use as directed by the manufacturer, tis all.

Last edited:
I'm pleased you are happy with your razor, I am pleased you are able to get so many shaves out of that blade, I have no axe to grind in regard to you or your razor I was simply airing my thoughts about its propper use as directed by the manufacturer, tis all.

Oh I didn't even start to think that it was anything than that - it is all, of course, good my friend :)

Yeah..Its the Biggest Piece of Clap Trap Nasty Marketed Razor I have ever Shaved with..The Guy that Put this Together is No Better than his Thug Forum Bully Boys that have threatened Folks from Criticising it in Any Shape or Form..That My Friends is My Own Experience..It was Marketed by Thugs..:eek:

Billy

Back
Top Bottom