Omega Syntex shaving brushes

No experience of the syntex but the bristle on the other synthetic brushes looks identical to the Men-u synthetic and that works very well if you are after a synthetic brush. The omega ones can be had from connaught for much less than the Men-u

I'm liking the look of the Ovangkol wood one, been tempted with trying a synthetic brush for travel for a while. I didn't like the look of the men u, was going to restore a brush with a TGN synthetic but they fit the part.

I must admit I was tempted by the wood handle one. My Men-u works very well but as others have said, the handle really lets it down. I had to remove the mold lines with a knife but it still feels light and cheap. Lather wise it's great.

Going off topic a bit does anyone know about getting the knot transferred to a quality handle? Is there anyone who does this sort of thing?

Would it just be a case of cutting the old plastic handle off?

Otherwise TGN stock a synthetic knot that looks very similar, I'm still in 2 minds to restore vintage with synthetic.

I bought a syntex brush 90065 model from Connaught this week, and have been using it. It lathers fine, but it may not keep the lather warm enough for the second pass. So I re mix the lather from the brush back into the bowl to rewarm it. It may be that synthetic bristles don't hold warmth as well as natural hair. The handle is identical to a Men U, and the bristles are plain white, unless it is albino badger effect. It is my preferred choice because I'm not too keen on badger.

Back
Top Bottom