Old Spice Fresh Lime

Ok well who hasn't used Old Spice?

I remember the older shulton formulation which generations before me used. I got all romantic and starry eyed about it one day and bought a 150ml bottle from Wilkos. I was let down. It smelled like crap, watered down nonsense and the Mrs absolutely hated it. I couldn't even bring myself to try it properly after a shave however after receiving a sample of Shulton Old Spice I was reminded of how good the original was. So I toyed with getting some of the Indian Shulton OS from Connaught Shaving and gave in and bought a bottle of the Fresh Lime in the plastic flask. Same as this one but with Fresh Lime and a green stripe where it says Original on this one.
wpda8289a9_0f.jpg

It arrived and instantly (without even trying it on) I could smell a difference. Tonight I tried it for the first time properly and well im sold. This is the single most effective aftershave splash I've ever used. It carries the Shulton OS scent but with a real natural Lime scent (not an overtly sweet "Lime sweets" scent). A little zing and tingle after the shave and my face was instantly invigorated.

People may still mock Old Spice these days but on my life I recommend getting some of this, by hook or by crook. I'll certainly be buying more.

Is there a downside? Well yes......... my heart yearns for it to come out in a bottle like this....

Lime%20%28fresh%29%20after%20shave.jpg

Get it. Try it. Love it.

Wow. Looks gorgeous. I remember an uncle using old spice balm when I was a kid. It smelled lovely, but i never got to try it

Thanks for the review. I'm in need of a splash and I love citrus scents, just got TOBS L&L which is a touch janitorial but I can feel a purchase of this coming on. Nice one.

mugs said:
Thanks for the review. I'm in need of a splash and I love citrus scents, just got TOBS L&L which is a touch janitorial but I can feel a purchase of this coming on. Nice one.

I wouldn't really call it a Citrus scent. Its Old Spice with a hint of lime... in the same way you wouldn't say a dark rum and coke was a lime based drink just because it had a wedge of lime in it.

It's quite funny because just seconds ago I saw the new TV ad for Old Spice basically trying to convince men to smell like men again.

Also I doff my cap to the longevity of OS Fresh Lime, woke up this morning and I could still smell it on me.

Aaahhh, right. TBH I can't remember what old spice smells like, it must be at least 15 years since I tried any. I'll have to get to boots or somewhere that'll have a sampler to have a whiff of the basic scent before pulling any triggers.

What you'll get from boots won't smell like the Old Spice you remember, nor does it smell like the old spice you can buy from connaught shaving.

The current stuff is made by Proctor & Gamble (they seem to be making a wider line of fragrances now too) the older stuff which we remember from years ago was made by Shulton. The stuff connaught sells is made in India to Shulton formula.

andyjreid said:
The current stuff is made by Proctor & Gamble (they seem to be making a wider line of fragrances now too) the older stuff which we remember from years ago was made by Shulton who were bought out by P&G. The stuff connaught sells is made in India to Shulton formula by MCPL who are licensing the Old Spice brand in India on a 10 year deal signed in 2002.

Small additions.

I agree but I like that its not too much lime , its definitely old spice with a dash lime and not the other way round (if that makes sense)
Not sure I'd like it as much if there was much more lime.

Yep, It's not a lime based aftershave......... in the same way a rum and coke with a wedge of lime isn't a lime based drink.

It's mainly old Old Spice with a hint of tart-ness

Back
Top Bottom