Old Spark Plugs and Police Whistles

Last time I saw the museum it was in Pitt St Rangers. At that time I believe that Bob Mitchell's wife had just either taken over as custodian or was about to. I'm kinda scared to go to any museum now, to be honest, in case they want to keep me in as an exhibit !

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

Lol, reading you loud and clear Johnny. Been there too in the dim and distant. This is a different one. It's a private museum organised by some very nice chaps.

Worth a nosy if you are at a loose end.

http://www.policemuseum.org.uk

Gairdner said:
I have a fair few old Primus stoves from a few different manufacturers...

Pedantry alert - Primus is a model of stove (trademarked by Bahco of Sweden if I remember correctly) so unless they're blatant knockoffs you can't have Primus stoves from more than one (Bahco) manufacturer... Unless of course this is a hoover/vacuum cleaner usage.

hunnymonster said:
Gairdner said:
I have a fair few old Primus stoves from a few different manufacturers...

Pedantry alert - Primus is a model of stove (trademarked by Bahco of Sweden if I remember correctly) so unless they're blatant knockoffs you can't have Primus stoves from more than one (Bahco) manufacturer... Unless of course this is a hoover/vacuum cleaner usage.

I collect pedants too so just pop yourself in the post, old bean. You are absolutely correct, of course. I do think that Primus is, to a certain degree, also used as a generic term for such paraffin stoves in a similar way that we tend to call most vacuum cleaners Hoovers regardless of actual brand. I have stoves by Svea, Optimus, Primus, Monitor, RM, Burmos & perhaps one or two others. My memory is rather......what was I saying?

Cheers Hunny :D

Back
Top Bottom