Old Blades

I was looking around all the usual pound shops for a money savings tin to put my blades in but none had any stock. Back home on the usual sites like ebay and about to hit buy it now I noticed the missus was about to throw out a bisto gravey tub. I thought chaching that will do. Cut a small slot on the plastic lid and the whole tub sits perfectly in the bathroom cabnet. Have no kids so dont need to worry about curious little fingers.

Jon_mooseuk said:
Sharps bin I use for my insulin needles. Perfect. Don't even have to worry about disposal, just hand them over. Job done.

I have one of these because my cat is diabetic. I'd considered using it but settled on a tin in the end. I wasn't sure if it would be ok or not but I guess it is fine.

JohnVaux said:
A Guinness can....
A little on the large size admittedly lol...
Keep meaning to buy a 6 pack of Heineken stubbies, purely for the aesthetic benefits of course ;-)

Heineken cans make great blade banks...

[attachment=9404]

Attachments

• 20130605104621 (1).jpg
    20130605104621 (1).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 44
I'ts only plastic but I use an old coleslaw tub with the lid sellotaped on and a slit cut in it. Will dispose down the tip when full, which will be a long time. It's not the most secure system but it will do for now.

pgachapman said:
That must of been messy at the first cut

It's easier than you think:

1. Turn can upside down
2. Punch two small holes opposite each other on inside rim of can (I used a marline spike, but anything sharp will do)
3. Pour out beer
4. Drink beer
5. Rinse out
6. Cut slot wherever you like (I used a Dremel, but a Junior hack would be fine, I guess)
7. Robert is your mother's brother! :)

When the can is full, just squash down the top a little so none of the blades can get out.

I use a lockable cash box. My thinking was that by the time I'm 70 I'd just be able to open it up and empty it to make room for the blades I'd use for the remaining year or two of my life. Unfortunately I lost the key almost immediately.

Back
Top Bottom