Old Blades

Gentlemen, I was talking to a friend today who is in his 80's, and I mentioned the forum and my shaving soaps ect. He then tells me he has been a wet DE shaver for most of his shaving life. So I asked him what he did with his old blades.

His reply was, I put them back in the box that they came from. There is a safe in each box.

He showed me that every box of blades, no matter of brand, has an opening on the bottom of each box, same end from where the new blade slide from. Take a look, you push your old blades in through this slot and inside is a spring that stops the old blade from falling out, it really is clever.

How come I have been DE shaving for all this time and never seen this slot before?

In fact I have just taken a look on my Feathers box of blades and its printed, "for used blades" with an arrow pointing to the slot . Doh!

Sadly the astra's, Gillette yellows and several others come in cardboard boxes, so I still need my jam jar with a hole in the roof.

So blame cheap packaging for averting your attention

cruciate said:
Sadly the astra's, Gillette yellows and several others come in cardboard boxes, so I still need my jam jar with a hole in the roof.

So blame cheap packaging for averting your attention

Ah, I didn't realise some blades still come in cardboard boxes. I made the wrong assumption in thinking that all blades now come in plastic boxes.

I'm still amazed that i didn't realise and your probably right about the packaging. :D

I've now upgraded my large guiness can, to a bijou heineken can.
( Just one, all 6 looked unsightly in the bathroom ):D

The plastic box some blades come in is wasteful, especially those with only 5 blades in the same space some manufacturers squeeze ten into!!:-/
But they certainly make a safe and handy travel blade disposal / storage.

Back
Top Bottom