Oh dear Lord

FWIW, on another forum a member said he received an e-mail from Lord stating that all their blades are the same with one exception & that they merely use different names for marketing purposes. The exception is that the Lord Platinum & Lord Super Chrome are coated with chromium, hence their smoothness. That makes perfect sense to me after having tried several of their blades and IMO the Platinum ranks above the Astra SP for smoothness and is rubbing shoulders with Gillette's top tier blades. I like Egyptian blades better than Indian ones on the whole, but of course that is entirely subjective. Interestingly, Lord was once aided by the former Wilkinson Sword U.K.:

http://lordshave.net/history.php
Interesting, as I am looking at trying some new blades to expand my collection and experience, and the Lord Platinum and Super Chrome are on my list to try. I love the Astras and seem to find all people with whom I've discussed blade preference have very similar findings as me, so I will give these a punt on my next purchase.

nick-s, did you ever get around to trying the Lord Platinum blade? I used one today with two different razors on either side of my face (Tech & Krona) and as usual with this blade received a stellar shave.

I think I can sum it up, the difference between lord and feather.

feather blades, two tucks will set you back 10 dollars plus shipping

lord, 100 blades will set you back 10 dollars plus shipping

tried the shark. it was not good, not good at all. i guess the razor its in would make a difference but it was that bad (in my go to everyday razor that works with every other blade i have tried) that i wont be re visiting them anytime soon.

What kind of Lumberjack beard do you have.? Whats the Razor.? Fess up.! I have a medium beard & I get X8 shaves from the Shark SS blades & X14 from the Shark Super Chrome blades. I like the Shark SS blades better because its less irritating on my neck area.

Back
Top Bottom